Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Is This Normal for Mild Scoliosis or Scoliosis in General?

SunGunnSSunGunn Posts: 3
edited 10/30/2015 - 1:58 AM in Scoliosis

I was diagnosed with scoliosis as a child (6 or 7, which I had absolutely NO pain with) which as I became older corrected itself (at 17 or 18) it was corrected. I'm 22 now and two months ago I started having severe pain beneath my right shoulder blade which goes straight across and varies in intensity. I had a chest xray which shows mild scoliosis.

I'm in a lot of pain, it's definitely worse when I drink alcohol, just a sip makes my shoulder kill me. If I bend from side to side or bend over/backwards it hurts in the same area and/or causes me to black out and ears to pop then ring. Same with stretching or just stretching my arms over my head or out too far will cause pain. Both my legs feel weak while I'm walking, I get pins and needles and pain shooting down them or cramping, all of that was normal a month ago.

Just last week all of this started;
Sometimes I get pain in my chest and can't inhale normally without it being worse. I often get hot flashes that end in chills and nausea. My wrists/elbows/knees/ankles ache randomly. I get random stabbing pains in my sides.

I've had a lower back xray come back normal and a cervical xray come back showing loss of curvature in my neck and another chest xray which the curve hasn't gotten any worse in.
I've been on anti inflammatories, muscle relaxants and now I'm on gabapentin and it's doing nothing.
I've done blood tests which have come back normal and I'm at the end of my rope.