Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Fusion Foods

ACDF C6/7 Tomorrow :(

What's the science on fusing? Foods, supplements etc...
I'll be walking and eating healthy, but what's known to help the process?

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,459
    I know nothing about nutrition. :(......

But wanted to say.....Good luck to you tomorrow! And wishing you all the best!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• TomNTTomN PhillyPosts: 14
  • Good luck tomorrow. I have mine November 5, Thursday. Exact same surgery. Stay away from Advil/ibuprofen , not good for fusions. Stay positive! That's what I'm trying to tell myself.
  • jamesgirllljjamesgirlll Posts: 115
    edited 11/02/2015 - 2:50 AM
    Eating lots of animal protein is important for fusion per my doctor's assistant. I was raw vegan butt have added yogurt and eggs.

Before you try any supplement, herb, over the counter item, exercise program, mechanical aid, brace, etc always consult with your doctor to make sure you get their approval. This also includes any specific diets.
    Some of these products may be very effective, but no two individuals or medical conditions are alike. What works for one, may cause trouble for another..

Ron DiLauro, Spine-Health System Moderator

• Hiya, I had acdf on Oct 12, at c45 56 and 67. I was told to eat a good diet, and to make sure am eating a higher protein diet daily.

I was given something I wear, as well, called a "bone growth stimulator" that I wear around my neck now for 4 hrs a day. I am told I was given one because multilevel fusions fall into the high risk group for nonfusion. I looked it up, there are a few things that cause a patient to fall into high risk and qualify for one.

Best of luck to you.