Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Back from PLIF

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi all,
I went away on June 11 for a back surgery and I finally returned home today. I feel lost here... tried logging on to my old account and it was impossible. I also forgot my password and it was impossble to get the site to send me the password to my e-mail address; it didn't recognize it! it recognized my name (sohnymar) but I couldn't do anything with it so I had to create a new name (sohnymar2). OK, so where is everybody, where can I go to find the postings of a month ago?

I'm 1 month 5 days post op but still feel incredibly achy and tired. My back is very sore, my legs, heels and toes are always burning and my left foot is very sluggish. I was secludded taking therapy but I still need a lot more. :sick: Happy to be back. THIS PLACE HAS CHANGED SOOO MUCH! :jawdrop:

• Hey, You must be doing pretty good if you're posting to us here. LOts of good meds? Lol. I hope so! I didn't sit at a computer for mos, I don't think? I had L 4 fused in 2004.

I hate to sound a bit negative; but, I've probably had maybe 1 good yr since then. I've had more back pain than I'd ever had; but the left leg pain improved a lot! And now my L 3 is in really bad shape; much worse than the 4th one.

I want to wish you the very best! And be patient...especially if you've had the traditional type fusion [metal bars and screws] with lots of cutting! Hang in there...it will get better after much time to heal and with lots of rest!! God bless you.
  • Sorry that you feel in so much pain Anorman. No, I'm not typing from a desk, I'm typing from my bed. I got used to type like that since the months prior to surgery. I couldn't sit down much due to the pain. Yep, lots of good meds, although I can't find a drug store that sells Oxycodone on this side of town, have tried a few to no avail. O well the doc will have to change prescription to something else. :D Yes, I had that same surgery, the one with the screws and rods! :?

It's OK, I also have all those problems you are having, my L3 is also leaking a bit and has a tear. As a matter of fact, one of my 2nd opinion doctors suggested to fuse the L3 to L5 instead of just the L4 and L5 but I never told the surgeon that... don't know why.

Have you been visiting this site long? I wonder how everyone else is managing with all the changes here... I can't find any of the people I used to see before.
  • My legs feet and toes still hurt!!! and I'm 3 months post so your doing good!

• They revised the site and we all had to make new logins - I don't know all the details, but that's the short of it.

Welcome Back!!

Take it easy!

(and although I only found this site in April I'll be happy to say I'm glad you found your way back in!)