Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Signing new pain contract

I've been a pain patient since 2016 and it has been a nightmare until the past year or so when I am finally comfortable with the medications I take, and the pain pump implanted. Went to a followup appointment today and had a chance to meet my Dr. H's new physicians assistant. I get it that he needs an assistant. I prefer to see Dr. H because I have worked with him since 2006 and we both have trust for one another. His new assistant, AJ, brought along a pain management contract, which Dr. H never had me sign. I am sad that the relationship just changed.
I don't have a problem with signing the contract, since I follow the rules completely. It is just the whole matter of it... Why do we even need a contract? How many people have ruined it for honest patients, and because of their wrong doings, honest people now are subjected to random urine tests, and signing a contract that we won't see any other doctor. I just feel sad that I have to be lumped into the group where it is now necessary to do it.
Better be minding my Ps and Qs from now on, not like I will have to change anything though.
And those urine tests. Why? That is ridiculous and my insurance company better pay for them--if not, I don't want to have to pay for htem. It is ridiculous. But if it beats those trying to work the system to get drugs to sell, I will go along with it.
Any thoughts on the pain contract? How is it done in your clinics?
Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!

• The PM I go to requires every patient to sign one. Having been with my MD for 13 years prior to PM and having a very trusting relationship with him, it did seem a little strange to me, but such is the world we live in. I completely understand why they require one.

I have to take a UA every three months and my insurance does pay for them. When I had my very first one, I got a bill from a Lab and it was almost $300 so thank goodness I don't have to pay out of pocket.

I am just thankful that my PM Doctor is willing to treat me with the type of drugs that I require. On my last visit, he told me that the DEA was requiring him to justify exactly why each patient is on narcotic meds. He asked where I would be if I didn't have them and I told him "in bed not functioning."

This PM seems to be a really good one. They always thank me for being honest with them and really have gone above and beyond what some probably would have. For instance he had no problem calling the ER and explaining my situation which helped me tremendously. It does require that I use an ER 30 minutes away from my home, but heck I only go maybe 3 times a year.

So I feel very blessed to have them.