Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Counting down until my cruise!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Good News
YIPPPEEE!! I can't wait until I leave to go on my first vacation since January of 2001!!!

I was checking out the excursions and there's one where you can go swimming with dolphins, which I've ALWAYS wanted to do! There's tubing in Jamaica and I've started my packing list and things that I need to bring that I don't want to pay for on the boat, like Advil, Dramamine, books, magazines, sunblock, aloe vera, etc.! We leave August 24th and I can't wait!

• The excursions are listed and also lets you know what the physical demands are, so it makes it easier for me to pick out which ones I can do...And I can swim like a fish, I took swimming lessons throughout my childhood up until lifeguarding, so I just can't wait! I'm so excited, I don't know what to do with myself, I just know I deserve a vacation after this year!
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,865
    Nancy, I bet you cant stop counting down!
    When is the departing date ?
    Lets hope the weather will be great and you will have s super time!
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Funny you should mention a cruise....I found an ad for a Photography Cruise to Alaska in September, and I've been humming and hawing about whether or not to go!! It would be like a dream come true, so I'm seriously considering it....there is still a cabin available for me!!

Good for you - after all these years you deserve a vacation, and swimming with the dolphins should be awesome!! Bon voyage!

• Hi. What cruise line are you going on... what ship? We recently did the Carnival Glory in the Western Carribean. Tons of fun! I love cruising as a vacation.

Hope you have a great time!

• We've done several Disney cruises (western caribben, eastern, central)....we did a swim in Nassau with Stoney, the dolphin. It was awesome...they had a "pool area" for the handler and a dolphin, then about 6 people. Doesn't take alot of activity do do it that way...of course my cruises were all before I got hurt anyway...thank goodness.
  • That sounds awesome!! Never been on a cruise before....I have been to Jamaica though. If you do the Dunns River Falls be very careful. It is rugged climbing up it and the rocks can be slippery. I went before my back problems started!! It is a great experience though!!

Have a great time and relax!! Thats what vacation is all about! :)
  • I leave in less than a week! Departure date is 8/24 I return 8/31! I'm viewing the excursions and trying to figure out what I want to do! We're going to Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel...I've been to Grand Cayman once when I was really little and I remember the humongous sea turtles that looked like giant moving rocks! I've been to Cozumel a couple of times, so I don't want to see any of the ruins as I've seen them all already and want to do something different.

I really want to swim with the dolphins, that's for sure, I'm an excellent swimmer so that's no problem....I took swimming lessons for many, many years and my mom says I "glide" through the water so swimming is no problem mon!

I've ordered books from Amazon, only have a couple of things to pick up and need to start packing on Friday! I can't wait!! <:P <:P
  • How cool. B) I think there used to be a snorkel with the stingrays in Grand Cayman as well. have fun.. :))) jade