Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Foot Eversion and toe movement

HanjaHHanja Posts: 1
edited 11/06/2015 - 2:16 AM in Recovering from Surgery
Hi folks.

I had a dyscectomy at L5/S1 only 2 days ago. The surgery went really well and my recovery seems well on track. Quite literally all the sciatic pain and leg numbness has gone and I'm quite surprised with the mobility I already have considering the size of the disc bulge I had. However eversion has not returned to my ankle meaning the outside of my foot drops and I still can't move my toes upwards and I still have numbness in the toes. I was wondering if there are any exercises I can do to try and speed up the return of these functions or am I being just too impatient at this early stage? I am normally very fit and active so this part is frustrating. I am currently doing outwards ankle movements against a stretched elastic bandage and 1 foot balancing trying to fire these muscles up again as instructed by the hospital physio. Are there any other exercises I could be trying? It was 10 days from original loss of movement to surgery.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Please take a look at Surgery Recovery