Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Like the inevitability of winter comes to us all.

We cannot stop the season
We cannot stop the reason
We cannot stop the treason...

Winter comes and the bones ache and the heart ?grows a little colder.
Face in our hands....
Tears in our eyes..
How can you do this to me? We ask of ourselves

Our selves
Each part now separate in uncivil war
What the mind wants
What the body wants
What the spirit needs....

Hands on face
To hide the tears and hate
It is is clear to see...those close to me..that i have come to a cold seasons door.

The waves grow stronger
As the tides approach
As the winds of winter grow
The ache of exposure upon the limbs
Ice and fire
What more payment is required?

I raise my voice on pain
I raise my voice in rage!
The Day..
Turns the page,and I..was not done reading.
William Garza
Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• William, ( ranch hand) Love the poem, captures the icey pain of the way an oncoming cold front feels in my lower back, my joints.

And the remedy for me right now is ice, which will not comfort when the weather turns cold. I hope I heal at a rate the heat pad will thaw me then.

I cannot quantify or qualify in words how much better I feel. The pain that brought me back to this site for support has completely gone away with my 10/23 surgery. It is astounding. My blood pressure which was 140's over 80/90's is a solid 117/70 since waking from surgery. I no longer take bp medicine.

I have only surgical pain and exhaustion. Both ebb and flow and diminish slightly each day. Quite frankly, I'm stunned. It's a remarkable feeling. I never expected such good fortune. I honestly can't help but feel like a shoe is gonna drop..but it hasn't. And each day it doesn't I get more and more confident and happy and the old me returns.

I'm still on some strong meds. I'm weaning myself from gabapentin 1600 to 900 this week, successfully. Looking forward to pain management appt Monday to learn next step down, I know I no longer need this med, but afraid to stop cold. The rest (hydrocodone) I stretch to 9 hours/cut in half and use less and less.

I share this because I love your poetry William, and yet finally I'm going in the other direction of the pain. And I'm sharing that I know it is due in small parts to this site and its uplifting members, like yourself. Of course my surgeon and my other health team members would say it's them..but I also say it is this site.

I come back to the site less and less as I heal for obvious reasons, I'm healing..I'm rememrging to life. But I won't let go because I love the poems, the inspiration. I hope to be an inspiration to someone who might be reading this too: I never expected to heal. I was flat out told I could die in my operation and full pain relief was not only unlikely but not at all expected. But alas..two weeks post 360 for compressed vein by old instrumentation and severe herniation of l5/s1: now all hardware is out, I'm solid l3-5, and growing bone l5/s1.

Because of William and other positive members I have every single reason to believe I will fuse. I've also gone from not walking to hourly walks in front of my home. About 1000 yards in front of house each time, back and forth. I'm eating only healthy choices, but I cheat with Popsicles: I don't care: they are phenomenal. Especially cherry. Who knew?

And I sleep. I walk, sleep, eat and repeat. But the pain is gone. The pain is gone. So when I read the coldness in the poem above and I remember that bone killing chilling pain William so perfectly describes: let me be the melting hot sunshine of hope on the other side..where the pain is going away...gosh I'm just so excited. My loves, I haven't been excited in so long.
  • Sheri76Sheri76 Michigan Posts: 485
    And so much more! Love your poem William! So happy to see your post there, then reading I was so thankful to God for creating such a Texan who can lasso such words and put them in line, and mean so much, for so many people. Sigh.... : )

Thank you for sharing your heartfelt knowledge of pain, though I pray someday you'll experience less pain yourself...but I'm sure you'll capture the words for those moments too.

From living in Michigan, pains of its winter months seem oh so long...wanting the warmth of more pleasant seasons to hurry along. Though I'm not a fan of the cold, especially driving in bad weather, I'm sure it all has its place of my appreciation in the life I've been given.

2dogs.....I'm so in awe of your recovery...I felt those fears for you too, and so very selfishly thankful you're still here giving praise!
  • There is no better news!
    No,better words and no better feelings than to be mending
    Real and true Healing!!!!!

As you walk
    Do not be afraid to walk past things
    To let things pass,from your view
    Leave things behind
    Its healthy to walk forward into new horizons!
    Your going to see whats over "This Hill" soon
    And then
    "That Hill"
    And many more horizons to be met and passed

I am truly happy for your new life!!!!
    Take this moment
    Remember it
    Cherish it
    With it!

Make your life count
    But dont count all the,moments
    Just spend them
    Burn them like a billionair
    Be free with them
    Because you have them!

Go forth into the new world laid before you with bravery,
    Hold your head high
    See the Sun
    Feel the heat once again

Spring is come!
    I am warmed by your,words
    Lifted by your healing,
    Given Hope..

Go forth...
    Be Brave and
    Mutiply the,Blessings you have been given!
    Light the world,with your smiles
    Inside and out.

Be a Light ti the world
    You have seen and felt the winters touch
    Tasted the bitter vintage,and made wine

Your words warm me!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health