Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Recovery from Open Tlif

I had a interbody fusion at L3L4 with screws and rod on one side only. This is my 2 fusion surgery first one in 1999 had L4L5 and L5s1 fusion. Doctor told me that 16 years is pretty good time that my disc below had affected the L3L4. So 12 days out and right now no pain meds for the last 6 hours , This was only a one level but it was very painful! One more thing the surgery only lasted 90min. my first surgery was 7 hours.
Had L4L5 and L5s1 fused in 1999
10/27/15 TLIF of L3L4
360 OLIF revision on 7/6/16 for L3L4

• I just like to say that I read a lot of people that had a soso results from there surgery. My first fusion was a big surgery 7 hours 2 levels two 5 inch scars one was for the bone graft from the hip. It was 16 years with no pain. This one was one level L3l4 screws and rod 90 minutes long and for the last 4 to 5 days very little pain. Today 15 days later pain hmm 1 maybe 2 level just taking Tylenol.
    Had L4L5 and L5s1 fused in 1999
    10/27/15 TLIF of L3L4
    360 OLIF revision on 7/6/16 for L3L4
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    edited 11/11/2015 - 4:25 AM
    When you said your first fusion 1999 and no pain for 16 years, what a very great experience for you!
    And I image quite an encouragement to others!
    So glad you posted!

Also, good to hear you're doing very well with your recent recovery!
    Wish you all the best!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History