Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

expected surgery on saturday - not spine related

• I am glad that you are able to take care of it quickly! Wishing you a speedy recovery!
  • Glad you posted and told us about it! Keep us posted on your progess!---Mazy
  • Good luck on saturday patricia. i'm sure you'll fly through it ;) can't be any worse then what you've already been through right! You have such a positive personality you'll come throuh it great. Take it easy and heal well.
  • good luck and that is awesome you could get it done so quickly.
  • Patricia, will this be done laparoscopicly? If so, I have had several of these surgeries to "drain" ovarian cysts. Unless things have changed, which they probably have, the recovery is very quick and you will be back to normal in no time. Good luck with this surgery on Saturday. I'll be thinking of you.

Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • Patricia good luck on Saturday and I think you made a good choice to take care of as soon as possible. Hope the recovery is short so you can get back out and enjoy the boat the rest of summer.
  • I haven't really had time to think about this or learn much about it. I was googling images tonight....yikes!...pretty gross looking things.

Cindy, I'm pretty sure its laproscopic. He said he'd poke 3 holes in me. Although he said that once he gets in there, if there's any problems he may have to take the ovary. No biggie, I'm done having kids and I'll still have the other ovary. I'm thinking with all those new holes, my appendix scar and my neck scar we've got a game of dot-to-dot.

Hey....I was thinking...is it possible this cyst could be indirectly putting pressure on a nerve causing the tingling in my leg? Just wondering because my lower left leg still tingles at night when I lay on my back.

• I've had the surgery done a couple of times too. The first one, they ending up having to "go all the way in" and took most of my left ovary. That cyst was the size of a lemon--but it had ruptured and I was bleeding internally. The second time I had one done, I went back to work two days later. In all, I have had 3 laps done and one full surgery. I still get cysts, but know when I need to have the doc take them or if I should do the waiting game. I had one a grapefruit size and it cause pressure/pain in my low back area. Hard to believe but that one went away after a round of provera. So did the pressure and pain. The only issue I had having laps done was from the gas they use to "blow" up your stomach so they have room to work. It always seems like it (gas) would end up in my shoulders. Last time I had it done, I told the doc to jump on me if she needed but to make sure most of it was gone., She laughed and I didn't have any gas pain, but my stomach was pretty sore!
    hope this helps..

take care,

• Hello Patricia,

Wow that is a pretty big cyst. I am glad the Dr. decided to check it again and found that it was growing kind of quickly.
    So I am praying for you..and hopeing this will be a quick and easy recovery.
    I have had a hysterscopy/laproscopy where they look at the inside and outside of things and it was found that I had severe severe endomitiousis and my ovary's were riddled with cysts and fibroid tumors. I had had cysts rupture, and the endo was was treated with the Depo shot but it did not help and after about 9 months I ended up having a hysterectomy. I have no uterus and only 1 ovary. Unfortunately I have never had kids or been married so that is not a possibliity. Your very yfortuante to have your children.

I hope to see you soon and here that your doing well after Saturdays trip to the OR. My prayers are with you.

• Thanks for the advice on the gas....not looking forward to that. It certainly helps hearing your stories because I really know very little about this. I guess its a routine surgery so I'm anticipating a fairly quick recovery. Oh...and he also noted that I have fibroids, which I had already figured because of my periods. So he's going to "laser" the inside of my uterus to clean that up also.

8am tomorrow morning..... :sick:
  • Safe & sound at home. Yikes! I can't believe that is an outpatient surgery. The cyst was 13 cm when they took it out. I'm wondering if it was in crazy growth mode or if the ultrasound was only picking up a piece of it. He also had to take my ovary and falopian tube and a polup (sp?) from my uterus. I was home only a couple hours after surgery, but then back again later that night as I hadn't been able to pee....or as the nurse said "haven't voided my bladder"...and was still puking past midnight. They catheterized me Sat night and I went back Sunday to have it removed. Wow..the bloating/gas pain is unbelieveable! Taking Morphine Sulfate, Advil and Tylenol. I have a follow-up appt on Thursday so we'll see what he says about the cyst and polup.

• sorry to hear about the void thing but hope all is well now and you will get back on the road of recovery.
This discussion has been closed.