Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

(NEWBIE) Just a little lost at this point but not ready to give up.....

Hello and let me say what a great sight
Male Age 44 have been very active and fit and March of 2014

Sept 10 2012 I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer. In Oct of 2012 I have the left half of my thyroid removed and at that time as well they removed my Parathyroid. I also underwent Iodine Rad as well. Everything seem to going great until March 2014. I picked up a new born baby in a car seat on a coffee table (so I was not bending over)(and about 14lbs if that) and turned to my right and I knew as soon as it popped something was very wrong. We went to the ER where due to chemo and cancer it was dismissed as a pulled or strained muscle as I was getting back to life as normal after the cancer battle. My pain continued for about two weeks in fact it got worse so we went back the hospital and this time they knew I was in a lot of pain. They did a round of X rays and came back in the room and explained that I had a compression fracture in T-10 of 80% and Vertebroplasty would be the best action at this point. I had never heard of this before and why would I question a Dr on a procedure that they seem very sure about taking my pain away. In the mean time I started to have pain a little bit higher in my back later that evening they did an MRI mind you this is about 4 to 5 hours after getting to ER I had two new compression fractures in T- 7 and T-8 So now they are looking for answers. CANCER and the removal of Parathyroid. I had not been told that with no Parathyroid you have to be on supplemental calcium so in the two years in between cancer and treatment I had osteoporosis most likely. They then also did a bone scan and my bones came back as like that of about a 75 year old male. So we are in Marc of 2014 I had vertebroplasty done in T-10 at this time. Left the hospital and it was even worse pain wise. So in July I was June I was sent to Pain management and we started steroid injections, then pain blocks and then RFA during this I had a few more fractures and we at this time RFA those as well plus vertebroplasty as well in T-7 and T-8 due to more collapse and T-5 and T-6 so I am in the pain management but with the new fractures became more and new pain over this year I had a slough of other problems arise as well with my spine and as of to date here is what I have in my spine.

T-2 slight wedging
T-4 anterior wedging 20%
T-5 wedging compression 20%Vertebroplasty
T-6 wedging compression 15%Vertebroplasty
T-7 compression fracture 60% Vertebroplasty
T-8 compression fracture 80% Vertebroplasty
T-10 compression fracture 80% Vertebroplasty
medium increased thoracic kyphosis
medium left thoracic curvature centered at T-2
Degeneration of thoracic disc's just about from T-2 to T-12

I was well have formed issues in my cervical spine as well and they are as
I have stenosis with myelopathy severe
I have oseoblastoma at C-3 and C-4 with lesions and severe at C-2
I Have neurological issues due the root stems being damaged (loss of felling in legs shoulders are killing me wrists are killing me. and motor function in my hands just since June 2015 is almost nill I can not even tie my own shoes.

Sine May of 2015 I have had
Epidural injections
Facet joint injections
nerve blocks
I did have 3 tumors removed 1 before this and two since June with TRFA
multiple pain pills
pain patches pain shots
And nerve RFA I had 31 producers with either pain shots or RFA in my spine between June 2014 and Aug 2015
One year and a few days and I got NO relief in my T spine at all and by the time in Aug we had been done with my neck and a whole Month and half of relief in my C spine. At this time they put me on the Fenanoyl patch I came home put it on and I was sicker with that thing then through chemo needless to say it came never went back on.

So Aug 6th they day after they gave me the I call and let them know I can not do the patch it was making me very Ill(mind you I was started on 75mg) I was told they would call back. 2 days no call I call I was treated as a new patient and they told me I could come see my Dr in Nov... I called the patient relations and they got me in the middle of OCT and then I explained I was back in very bad pain. again fentyonl patch and they were going to call my INS company and confer with other Drs, 5 days go by I call leave mesg 8 days go by leave a mesg call patient relations they get involved agian.. Just a mess. Need less to say I end up with an apt last Wed.

My pain management Dr came up the great plan of starting RFA all over again. I left and when I got home started to really think and I am not willing to do RFA again for months and months to get a month of no pain. I called and got another apt today and we explained I was not willing to do this what are my options. he said this is it they will not do anything until i go through this again.

Now my question well advice I would like to maybe get.
I have never questioned a Dr in my life or treatment I am 44 yrs old and I have 3 young sons. I am married and I am very avid motorcycle rider. I am as active as I can for as long as I can be. I just don't buy this it. a year ago I had no issues with my legs arms wrists shoulders.. I have not had a X ray in 6 months no MRI no nothing except Pain management. I know I have gotten way worse and I have been dealing with this long enough that I know whats going on and I am very good about knowing my own body. I know there are other options but I am stuck he will not do anything. At this point I am on disability due to my back and last month we found out my cancer is back as well but have a very very good chance of beating it again so I am locked into one hospital here where we live. The very frustrating thing is one of the leading hospitals in the country and I fell like I have been pushed to the side This is the first time I have felt defeated through this journey. I want a surgeon to look at me and he says no.
Anybody ever been through a simular situation at all and what did you have to do I am lsot