Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Sensations(little numbness,pins needles)on upper back after ACDF C6-C7

I had an ACDF C6-C7 6 days ago. I had to have it because the herniated disc was squishing my spinal cord. I had numbness and pins needles moving all over my arms legs back head. They said if I didn't have it id be in a wheelchair so 1 week later I had it. Now it's 6 days after and I am not on any pain meds. I had it on Thursday , came home on Friday and only took 1 pain med sat morning. They did have me on steroids which I am off as of Monday. I don't have the same pins and needles and numbness I had before surgery, but I do have some type of sensations in my upper back and over my back. I guess you would say it's pins rede and numbness. It too comes and goes. The surgeon said now we want and see if it goes away. The spinal cord is freed and the operation should have halted the progress but we won't know. I was wondering if anyone experienced anything like this after surgery and is it go away? Also my upper back and between my shoulders does hurt here and there and ice helps that.
Thank you.

• lorijo3llorijo3 Posts: 112
    edited 11/11/2015 - 11:53 AM
    I had numbness and mobility issues with my left arm and hand after surgery that I did not have before surgery but it is slowly getting better. You are still so early in your recovery! Your doctor will certainly monitor that pins and needles. The pain in your upper back and shoulder blades is classic...I think most of us have that because of how they position us for the surgery. If I overdo I still get it. I alternate ice and heat and take a Flexeril at night. I hope that goes away eventually but I am 6 weeks out and still get it but not nearly as often or as bad as right after the surgery!