I found out today that my new MRI was a bit worse so we postponed my surgery from tomorrow 11/13 (loved the Friday the 13th but hey I guess it wasn't meant to be) and upgraded it from a double discectomy with nerve hooks to a full double laminectomy to try to open me up a bit more and try to remove some of the scar tissue from the previous surgeries. This will be my 3rd surgery I am a 45 years old male and in pretty good shape. My back is now messing with the Christmas Vacation it appears. We had planned to travel with the kids to Florida from Texas and had previously I thought allowed plenty of time for recovery. With the new adjustment to have insurance approve the new procedure and Turkey day this puts my surgery the earliest on December 3rd. So my question to the group is......... go longer on pain meds (already dependent as I have tried every other option before having a 3rd surgery) and have surgery in Jan or take the risk (roll the dice) and operate on 12/3. This will not be a super active vacation just a bunch of family renting a house. Just wanted to get some advice although as I type I feel I have my answer.
Thanks a ton for any feedback,