Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Botox For. Muscle. Tightness. In. Back. Of. Neck

I'm going in next Friday for Botox injection for muscle tightness in the back of my neck.
Has anyone has had it done.
And what relief did you get?

• My nephew began experiencing migraines several times a week about 3 years ago. After trying many different medications, he was still suffering so badly he had to leave his job. Finally his doctor suggested Botox Injections along his hairline on his neck. I'm not sure if the results were immediate, but I do know that it has been a successful treatment. Good luck to you.
  • For me very little effect after 2. Weeks.
    I can't believe no one else on here has had it done.
  • Both my physiologist and neurologist are trying to get me to have botox injections for my neck pain and my head pain. I am really not comfortable with that. I am sure it works for some people but its a poison. Is it any different than the daily amounts of medications just to make it through the day? Or the 3day IV infusion I had for my "migraines" last week? I don't know. Maybe. I want to get rid of the daily pain but I don't know how far I am willing to go to make that happen.
    Tracie C
  • AMFreeAAMFree North MSPosts: 23
    See if it is legal in your state for Physical Therapists to do dry needling. You won't regret it. Speaking from a therapist AND patient stand-point.
    •ACDF C6-7 (5/12/15) resulted in a non-union of the 2 vertebrae. I am using a BSG & Forteo injections every night, PT for e-stim, US, MFR, dry needling, acupuncture & another private MT for MFR. My tone is improving, however the bone pain continues.
  • I never heard of it before.
    What is needing?
  • I had terrible spasms that were hot like being burned on top of the other spinal injury pain. For almost 20 years I tried every homeopathic, eastern mind body and non-medication options including bee stings, cupping and going for about 40 lidocaine injections a week  until finally giving in to daily medication.  I took super high doses of medication i.e. 200umg fentanyl, 360mg Oxycodone, 40mg valium, up to 12 350mg Soma, 4mg Klonopin and max doses of Tylenol or Motrin every day. Yes I was worthless and always on ice. It was explained to me that one type of nerve can fire so much it spreads to another type.  The botox took the burning away for 10 years now after 3 rounds over couple months. The spasms lessened and are so much better. I was able to cut my medication by about 2/3 over several years. I have several other problems, levels, Cervical, thoracic and lumbar. When they did mine they used a tool that measured where the spasms are originating.  I wish you the best.
  • You were on high doses of pain meds360 mg of oxycodone or OxyContin extended relief ?
    did it help. And if not. How did you get off from it 
  • I'm going to ask my PM Dr. about these next visit. Lately my neck has been cramping/seizing up with muscle spasms making it impossible to do many activities with my arms, not to mention near ER-levels of pain. I wanted to try Botox in my shoulder for a while but most Dr.'s don't regularly perform these types of injections so its been hard to come by. However, my new clinic is open to every option available and list it as a procedure offered. Muscle spasms are the most debilitating part of my condition. Hopefully, it will work.

As for now, I've been able to take the edge off with Soma that also allows me to do some mild stretching (if I stretch too much it makes it worse) but my Dr. only prescribed Soma under condition it would be short term and I don't like that it only lasts 2 hours anyway.