Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Muscle Spasm is no fun at all

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
It is worst then the surgical site.

• Hello Phil,
    I am Jessica. Just call me Jess. I suffer from Cervical DDD and a buldging disc. I must agree with you on the before surgery part because that's all I have experienced so far. Thankfully, I haven't had surgery but I am looking into it in the near future if my PT doesn't get accepted. I am 18 and I have these HORRIFIC Musle Spasm. I had one so bad last night it hurt me like heck. Then again I was watching Walker with my mom and granny. And this guy was cracking people's necks. Ouch! -rubs neck- I felt every single one 'em litterly. I am not sure if thats what was causing mine so HORRIFIC last night but then again mine is like that almost every day. I hope you find some relief. Good Luck!
    Love Always,
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,859
    No question that muscle spasms can be very acute. But hopefully thats where it stays - acute.
    There are times when you can get hit with a muscle tear, spasm, pull, etc and that any movement becomes so difficult.
    The good news is that there are enough medications out there to keep them under control and keep them from becoming chronic.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Ron you are so right! Hopefully most people only experience the short lived acute muscle spasms. Those are easily controlled with things like moist heat, gentle stretching, massage, acupuncture .....