Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Tore up

Got woke up with waves of pain building slowly..then ,,Boom!
Felt like some,tissue tore behind,my knee!!
My oh my
Finally something new!
William Garza
Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• Sheri76Sheri76 Michigan Posts: 496
    edited 11/14/2015 - 9:00 PM
    What a way to start ones day! What the hey!

Hope it's no more than a hamstring strain, not that I am making light, no kind of pain is ever a delight!

Are you seeing any signs of swelling, starting to limp, or discoloration of the surrounding skin?

I would keep an eye on it, and stay off it as much as you can, and hopefully in a few days it will fade away, never to come back again.
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,470
    Isn't that something! You were sleeping....to wake up with new increasing to bad pain behind your knee.
    It's not as though you were out there playing football, or such!
    I think, that is sometimes the way pain happens, as I think of my pain as having a life of its own...but, yikes!

Occasionally, I think of that...having chronic pain and some more consistent and horrible than others..and like you say, "boom"! There is a new pain!...something more to take care of.

I sure hope it settles down for you!....soon.
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• Hoping you are feeling better and pain was managed?! What's going on? Let us know, you know we worry!

Separate note: under Add New Comment: it reads my name is BusDriver73????? I wonder why? MODERATOR: should I worry?
  • Oi!
    I guess i just pushed back against the cramp a lil too hard.
    But now back to the regularly schedualed pain!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,858
    edited 11/17/2015 - 7:08 PM
    to know that something will crop up and create a new problem.

But, heck sometimes that takes your mind off of your current existing problems.

Hope you are getting back to your normal self...... Of course we all need to define what our normal self is.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Miss positivity writes at 3:22am because cramps have woken her.

William, so glad to hear you are back to normal (love your correct analysis Ron, so true).
    Little set backs are easy to look back on but are more like 80ton giant elephants stomping on you when they happen.

I've been doing great, still am..but overdid a bit on walking yesterday and some new pt moves=leg cramps and feeling like circulation is all off. It's a hard thing because short of calling my surgeon I'm not sure who to talk to about it. I'm pretty confidant if I call surgeon he will say same thing I know: you had 8 hour surgery 4 weeks ago...of course you are gonna have some days like this.

And this is why I love this forum, because just writing that down was like a mule kick to my head and reality. My vein was crushed for years by a screw and is just now operating perfectly. Of course when I add more walking and some core moves I'm gonna feel completely weird.

So of course William I am betting my cramping is not the same but wanted you to know as usual you have helped me. So hoping I can return the favor by wishing you comfort and rest. Ice and heat? And if nothing else the comfort of knowing you helped me remember to go slow and not push it.
  • Of course,it is!
    Its ohhhh
    Dark thirty here 2.58 am
    And ime siting..listening to a train horn as iit approaches..
    Doppler and other effects as the sound fades in,and out..like,pain
    You know,its coming
    You cant stop it
    You know the train is coming....
    Doppler Fizeau effect we shift from blue to red and sometimes beyond...
    The music has me now
    The strains
    The pains
    No man is an archipelago

We all fall down in pastures fair
    Take our pills.and eat with plastic wear.
    The pianos pedals..petals play... in blood streaked winds in woods of grey
    Where only now
    Memories play.

Wooden floors and paint bare doors
    Hands prints....bereft of warmth.

But inside hallowed halls
    Warmth and laughter falls

Grey and Cold though winters be
    And years and miles twixt you and me
    A cuppa! A cuppa here for friends grown dear
    As between the joys
    There is to many....few.

The train has freighted
    And the horn has faded
    And to pain..
    We are fated.

But in merry band in shadowed land we trew
    Though the valley deep and river wide
    A memory..and I step back inside
    Those warmed walls
    Amid shadowed walls
    Friends along the way
    Their shadows still upon window sill
    Looking out for me..
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• William GarzaWilliam Garza TexasPosts: 2,391
    edited 11/17/2015 - 10:26 PM
    Too boring for my eclectic and varied Spiney tastes..
    We,live in a,Buffet of pain
    We can pick,and,choose what flavors..but we all got to take a bite!
    I only shine because of the constant abrasion of pain.
    But thats,ok..because it makes the less painful days special!
    Were alive
    And thats special!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health