Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Cold and Cough 3 weeks post 360PlifAlif

Ahhhhchoooo, sniff sniff....my 17 year old came home with a cold and shared.

Maybe someone out there has had this happen during recovery? What worked for you?

My feeble attempts to combat the razor bladed throat has been secretes, (which taste disgusting but work), sleep in elevated head position, massive layers of clothes. I do feel better as day goes and then it all sets in again at night. Of course my stitches in the front hurt when cough first started, but as long as I curl down a bit, or put a lil pressure there when coughing I feel okay. My back swelling more than normal...probably because I don't feel like laying on an ice pack when I feel so achy and run down.

His cold lasted 5-7 days and he never ran fever. So far, knock on wood, no fever for me either!

He took Advil cold and sinus or Tylenol cold and sinus for relief. I'm thinking neither are good for me, especially the ibuprofen. I'm going to call doctor when they open this morn obviously. Just reaching out to spine universe for any remedies that helped you.

• Sheri76Sheri76 Michigan Posts: 496
    Hope that cold doesn't stay around long!

The only thing I know of for coughs, but not sure if you should only use at bedtime, is rubbing Vics on the bottom of your feet. Just rub generous layer on, and cover with socks.

Prayers for you and family!

• Oh thank you Sheri! I had told son to use Vic's a week ago, but to be completely honest had not even thought of it for me, laughing out loud! I sure will do that tonight. I appreciate you writing and thinking of this remedy and will hopefully benefit with a good night sleep. I'm sore from coughing on front right side and my back is still poofier than normal. I'm laying on an ice block now and feeling better...glad it isn't chilling me to the bone.

My pt did give me a cool trick and forgive me if I already shared this: she had me get a small bottle of green Palmolive (and yes, she said specifically it needed to be the green version) and empty it completely into a ziplock bag. I did and then placed that bag in yet another ziplock to be doubly sure. Then I froze in freezer laying completely flat. What a wonder! I cannot say enough what a gift this little trick has made to my recovery. Being able to lay on a soft gel like substance is much nicer than the ice cube pack I was using.

Thanks again Sheri and wishing you well!