Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,839
edited 01/12/2016 - 7:47 AM in Spine-Health Announcements
Spine-Health Forums have gone through a number of software changes over the years.

Back in 2005-2008, PunBB was the software behind our forums

In 2008, there was a major migration to Drupal, the software we currently use. The major reason was because Drupal was a CMS (Content Management System) which allowed the medical side of Spine-Health to grow. The medical side has grown astronomical over the years.
To the point, where that side has had an impact on our forums. It was a two way street. When changes needed to be done to the medical side, development had to consider the forum side. When changes were needed to the forum, the medical side had to be taken into consideration.

The owners and architecture and development staff of Veritas Health LLC had to take a long look into the future. The results of that was that it was critical that the forum side and the medical site need to be split. Today, there is a major development effort to complete that goal.

The medical side of Spine-Health will be separate from the forum side. Drupal will still be the software to manage the medical side, but we will be introducing a new forum software. VANILLA is the new platform for our forums. YES, it will be different then Drupal, things will look different, act different, etc. But the bottom line, this decision will help improve the overall performance of our Forums, plus allow for future upgrades without needing to worry about the medical side.

I have been involved for the past several months regarding this change and migration. Right now, I am heavily involved in all that needs to get done. I fully understand that with changes, there are going to be so many questions, problems, concerns, etc. One of the more involved tasks I have is to try to make this migration seem not as difficult for the member community. In my past years with IBM, I coordinated so many software and hardware migrations. So, I know what is coming down the line. I am trying to make this transition as seamless as possible. I am looking at everything through the member's eyes, through your eyes. Can the the new system look like the old? Probably not, no, more than probably, it wont! But, its my job to make it easier for all of us to get through this migration.

I recently came back from a visit to Veritas Health LLC in Deerfield, IL. I meet with everyone, from the graphics designer, the editors and the development staff. It was so very rewarding to know that the folks behind this are very concerned and aware of the member community.

For the next several weeks, I will be spending more time preparing and understanding this migration. Because of this, I may not be spending as much time watching the current forum and responding. I love answering member's questions and I am sure that by now, you all know I also can put a firm hand on problems.

Please excuse me if I am not as present as I normally am. But please trust me, those that know me and have confidence in me, know that what I am doing will be for the overall benefit of Spine-Health and its members.

At some point in the near future, I will be announcing a Link to this new system. It will be a test ground for those that are willing to see what the future looks like.

I am just asking everyone to trust me, and know that we will all get through this together.

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    ....for all the information! Very good you were pleased with SH people in Deerfield.

I was just thinking haven't seen you in little while, so I'm glad to hear you're doing okay!

And trust you? Of course!
    I'm so glad someone understands the programming involved and able to explain what I need to know.
    It a foreign language to me. :)

Good luck!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,839
    but I believe we plan on rolling out the new software in the January time frame.

As I mentioned in my opening, when we have something for people to test drive, I will post all the information needed.

I am excited about this change. While it will look totally different, the advantages will be great.

We are actively testing the new software.
    Its up and running and has all the Spine-Health data as of 12/14/15. Trying to identify the major differences everyone will see when it comes up.

But as I stated from the beginning, this is a MAJOR MAJOR change. It will not look like today's Spine-Health. Its a big and bold move forward.
    The separation of the main site from the forum side will help with response time. The patient forums will not be impacted by the page views people even non-members use from the main site.

I will provide anyone who is interested with the URL to test with.

For those who are inquisitive, just look at Vanilla.com Thats the software and forum style we will be seeing.
    edited 12/30/2015 - 9:50 AM
    what Spine-Health will act and feel like next month, you can go to this site for a test drive.

Keep in mind, that is a generic demo and does not have the pieces and tools that Spine-Health has. But overall, this is the way
    the forums/discussions/comments will look like. A MAJOR CHANGE

I just dont want members here on the day we switch over say

• I didnt know this was happening? ----- That is why I have been mentioning it now for a while
      Why this big change? ------ The major reason was to split the medical side of Spine-Health and the Patient Forums
      I want to go back ------ Once the switch is done and as long as there are not major functional issues, we will move on
      I dont like it ------ I can understand, but the overall improvements, performance, functions, etc will make a big difference
      I need help ------ We will always be there to help out where ever and when ever we can