Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hysingla Anyone?

LeeLeeMccDeeLLeeLeeMccDee Boston MAPosts: 101
edited 11/16/2015 - 6:18 PM in Pain Medications
My Dr started me on Hysingla 30mg tabs 1 week ago, 1 pill every 24hrs. I had been on oxycontinER 10mg tab once a day prior to trying the Hysingla. Dr also has me on VicodinIR 7.50/325 caps, up to 4 a day for breakthrough pain. I had been on 6 Vicodins a day when on the oxycontin. Is anyone on similar doses? How do you like the Hysingla and is it working as well as your prior meds?
Thanks for any input.

• Motor1MMotor1 Pittsburgh, PaPosts: 552
    My pain doctor started me on this about 2 weeks ago. I don't think my dosage is high enough? I'm only on 20mg. I am also taking Flexeril. I can definitely tell when it is wearing off & I'm not due to take another pill for a couple hours.
    I'm going to call my doctor to see if I can take anything for breakthrough pain. Right now I am taking Motrin, but it's really not doing much.
  • For me it only seemed to last about 8 hours. I used breakthrough meds, 4 per day on average to accompany it. I've always thought that it would work better if given three times a day at 6 hour intervals but that would be slightly off-label so I don't know if your doctor would do that.
  • LeeLeeMccDeeLLeeLeeMccDee Boston MAPosts: 101
    Thank god...I thought I would be odd duck out. Thank you Motor1 and WolfpackSVB for your input. I had high hopes for this drug and readily went off my oxycontin 10mg's for it. Hysingla to me has about ⅓ of the life it suppose to have. I am taking advil with it as well but this kind of defeats the purpose of not having to take pain pills for breakthrough. I also have the option of taking 1 vicodin, up to 4 per day, for added relief. This regimen is not cutting it for me and I'm very discouraged about it. Maybe I need higher dosage? I am starting to feel pain with much less activity and lasting a lot longer. I am trying to space the 4 vicodins out to stretch the pain relief. But thats no way to live your day. Something weird too, it seems like the type of pain I had prior to getting pain relief two years ago is returning. Does that make sense?
  • There was another poster on this board that was taking it, rather ZoHydro, 4 X a day so I don't think that we are alone. You could ask your doctor about trying three times a day but these two medicines were highly controversial when going through the FDA so he may be unwilling to do that. Eight hours was indeed the norm for me.

I also found that if I increased the dose too much it would put me in an unpleasant stupor though it would take care of the pain. You may need to experiment with your doctor.