Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Just saying Hi! I overdid it!!!

FormerfireFFormerfire Posts: 148
Hi everyone! Well, i took the kids to a farm for a couple of days and OMG...I overdid it. It is very hard to know what you can and cant do. (Dont panic i didnt feed the animals or move bales of hay) I think just being on my feet plus the drive was dumb. (The kids had fun though, so that is worth it).

Actually, i slept on the grotty floor because the bed was soooooo soft!!!

So here i lie, feeling sore and sorry....and i have to clean the entire house as we have a family of 4 coming from Korea to live with us for 10 weeks (so we can pay the bills). Maybe they wont notice lol!

Anyway, just wanted to say hi. Sometimes you just need to vent.

I hope you are all doing really great, and seeing some progress.

Catch you soon

I want a genie!!!!

• I am sorry you over did it.... At least you felt good enough to over do it in the first place :)

Get some rest and recover. Maybe you will feel better after a good rest.

Have fun cleaning. Make your kids help.

• Poor you!
    Hope you recover soon.

• :) You are so right! I can't complain...at least I was able to over do it ;)

I might not be so quick to in the future (famous last words).
  • Aren't you one of the ones who admonished me not to over do it after my surgery. I'M JUST KIDDING!

I hope you're feeling better soon! :D

• where you were!No worries!You are not the first,and certainly will not be the last.Give it some rest combined with a gentle stretching.Don't over do it,thou!Hehe!Sorry,couldn't help it.
    Hope you feel better soon!

Cheers,G. 8)
  • Formerfire:

I wish you had a genie. I would be a total wreck trying to get ready for company. But, that is the "Type A" in me.

Hopefully, you have an inner "Type B" and your visitors will also be "Type B" and won't notice. LOL.

Wishful, hopeful thinking is that coming from another culture,they will by more understanding than Americans?

My husband is Hispanic and when someone in his family gets sick, they will have a houseful of guests and it doesn't bother them. (This includes both the guests and the sick person.)

• I know!!! I'm an idiot. it's much easier to tell you not to overdo it hee hee.

Oh well, i pay for it now! Bring back school so i can rest.

Amazing how weak my back feels when i have done too much

But hey,werent you doing something really crazy???? Like bike riding, or "washing the car"...i think it was lol. Yep, i am as bad as you :)
  • Thanks G! I will slow down now! (Till you here my next post anyway :))
  • Hi Prickly, well i now have 10 people in my home!!!!! OMG

I completely underestimated how exhausting it would be cooking for that many. (I cleaned the house from top to bottom too.....but after listening to me whine every time i get off the couch my husband just said we need a cleaner YEEEEEHAH). I need to record that for future evidence lol.

I am very worried, because i have another mum in my home...here's hoping she is not toooooo pedantic.
  • Although my car DOES need to be washed,.. but isn't that what 13 yr. olds are for? I already have her doing my lawn mowing duties,.. now she can wash my car for me too! LOL
  • inviting people just for dinner is a big mission for me.
    Y.S IL
  • Thankfully I am moving beyond the pain now and just need to strengthen everything up again (i think).....so I am making sure i bend the right way etc.

But, I am counting down the days....9 weeks to go lol
  • But yesterday was kinda rough. I think it was MY turn to overdo it a bit. I just want to be able to do the things I always did. sigh,... but not quite yet I guess. :(
  • Formerfire,
    Although we may feel that our type is the predetermining of how we behave that fighting spirit whoever you are needs to be tamed, I may be a A++ person but along with the good come the facts of history that we are destined to live faster and shorter lives.

We have all done too much and the trick is not to keep doing this as if we learned nothing, expelling your energy for your children is the greatest gift, giving to another while in need yourself. We climb our personal mountain every day and wake up at base camp, full of the same drive and enthusiasm, I teach children and many have not seen a library let alone a farm, so call round for Class 2, if you have recovered by a week next Tuesday, bring a packed lunch, a raincoat and your favourite teddy, oh and the $450 plane fare home, in an envelope.

I will be at the back saying is it 3:30 yet !

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,842

I wish I could tell you how many times over the past 30 years that I 'overdid it'
    I believe that some of my additional surgeries were a direct cause of me NOT paying attention, not adhering to my restrictions and just doing things I should never have done.
    Ok, that said....
    I understand. Its almost like a patten. When I am down and out because of surgery, recovery, flare ups, I behave and follow what I should be doing. But then when I start to feel better, I feel like I can conquer the world again!. Wrong!
    If I listened to what I was told to DO and NOT TO DO, boy , I would have saved a lot of anguish on my part and for the impacts that had on everyone else.
    You are not alone with this, we all have done it at some point. I think after years of doing this, I started to wise up and now I tell people (ok sort of preach) that everyone needs to follow the restrictions that were placed on them and NOT to go beyond them.
    You will get through this, I know, hopefully the number of times you over due something can be reduced.
    Take care and Good luck and I can only hope that you have better days and less pain.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • HA HA HA....and i thought i was strange getting my 5 year old to do the vaccuuming! She loves it! (At least for now :) )
  • ;) Thanks Ron!

That being said, I have felt really great this last week! I started physio...and she only had me activating my TVA and doing some very very very gentle pilates exercises, but boy did i feel it the next day.

BUT....i am going to be smart.

In 3 weeks we are flying 9 hours to Hawaii for a conference.....so i need to pace myself so i can get through the flight AND enjoy my holiday (of course i added a holiday to the conference) and the conference.