Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Neck pain

Recently I've started having major neck pain in in the c2/c3 area that is giving me headaches and I can't fully turn my head to the left. My Dr took x-rays on Monday and said nothing is wrong. It feels just like when I started having back problems and they couldn't find anything wrong. What should I do?
Ryan
advertisement

Comments

• Robbie43RRobbie43 Posts: 18
    edited 11/18/2015 - 4:00 PM
    Get a MRI, it will show a lot more then a X-Ray will
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,060
    If this just starting happening then I would just sit tight and wait it out for a while.

Many times after surgery you body can start to show problems in different area.
    This is that uncommon. Especially after you reviewed with your doctor.

Last thing I would do is request a MRI. All requests for mri's need to be justified by your
    doctor before being approved by the insurance company. The doctor should
    know if one may be required
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • dilauro said:
    If this just starting happening then I would just sit tight and wait it out for a while.

Many times after surgery you body can start to show problems in different area.
    This is that uncommon. Especially after you reviewed with your doctor.

Last thing I would do is request a MRI. All requests for mri's need to be justified by your
    doctor before being approved by the insurance company. The doctor should
    know if one may be required
    The last thing thing you'd do is request an MRI?, are you kidding me..
    "Major" neck pain and headaches isn't enough to justify?. That is really bad advise sorry
  • MRIs are out of the question for me because I have a spinal cord stimulator
    Ryan
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,060
    SCS are fine with MRIs

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • dilauro said:
    SCS are fine with MRIs
    Ron, I didn't get the "MRI safe" unit.
    Ryan
  • Can it be from your SCS? You recently had the permanent put in correct? The Boston scientific one, you can not have MRI.
    Vicki
  • I had the permanent Medtronic one put in on September 1st, and the neck pain started about 2-3 weeks ago
    Ryan
  • Darby did you figure out what was causing the pain?
    Vicki
  • grammaof9 said:
    Darby did you figure out what was causing the pain?
    I had x-rays taken two weeks ago and both my surgeon and pain Drs said everything looks fine.
    Ryan
  • I know it takes more than an x-ray to really see anything, but I won't be able to get in to see pain Dr until new years eve and surgeon after that so I'm going to let it simmer until then
    Ryan
  • Since I had Spinal Operation from C2 to T3 in December 2013 I frequently have the above pain which also gives me headaches. When muscles in neck go into Spasm mode the pain is dreadful. Has anyone who has had similar surgery suffering the same problem. Taking Naproxen pain relief seems to have little effect on pain. Grateful thanks for any useful ideas.

Previous ops are - 2008 L4/L5/S1 - 2010 ACDF C4/5/6 - 2012 POSTERIOR CDF C5/6/7 had to be done twice in 3 days due to screws etc becoming loose - 2013 C2 to T3
    TKR RT1998 with revision in 2000 - TKR LT 2006
advertisement