Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

MRI done of my Lumbar region. Now what.

Hi, Just wondering if any one can help me figure this out. I had MRI done Nov 16, 2015 of the Lumbar region. Can't get in to see my GP who ordered the MRI till Dec 21, 2015 to go over the results. The Spine Center of the hospital I am going to just called and made me an appt to see a Physiatrist. But earliest is Jan 27, 2016. I know the Spine Center goes over the MRI after the GP has referred the images to them. One can't just get an appt to the Spine Center by calling directly. They go over the MRI and then they call you to schedule an appt to see them. So, should I assume they found something? I have copy of the MRI on a disc but I can't tell what's wrong. I can google all sorts of stuff and come up with many diagnoses on my own. I will drive myself nuts waiting and searching to see if I can figure out what the MRI shows.

• Try calling to get on their cancellation list--or call in the morning every day to see if they have any last minute appointments open up.
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    Welcome to Spine-Health
    Please click on link for helpful information!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    edited 11/23/2015 - 6:49 PM
    MRIs are a diagnostic tool, not necessarily a diagnosis in itself.
    It's subject to interpretation and different doctors can view same and have different impressions.

My pain management doctor always reviews actual CDs and will often disagree with accompanying written impression.
    He says they either misread something, added or missed something, and sometimes will agree with them while he reviewing results.

So, if the professionals can disagree, I sure don't think I'm in any positions to try and decipher the written impressions.
    And unless a spike was through my spine, as it feels sometimes, I would not be able to know meaning of the visuals.

It is so good you have appointment with a spine center!
    And from my experience, it could take more time to get appointment, so that is good for you!
    But as stated above, by Angry, getting on list for cancellations sounds like great idea!

I know it not easy, believe me I know, but it really doesn't help to worry and have the guessing at something that may never be.
    You need you strength, and sanity :) for trying to keep your pain and symptoms under control.
    my experience, they worsen with added stress.

You may find search on this site helpful, upper right on page.
    There is a post....preparing for pain management doctor's appointment, and others like that.
    They may give you ideas of what to bring to appointment, and maybe some ideas of questions for doctor that you have not yet thought of.

You may want a journal type list of symptoms, when most aggravated, bending, twisting, sitting, etc.... If you take meds, what kind of relief, how long it takes to work, or how long it lasts, etc...

My first appointment, and occasionally through my years of pain management, I have drawn figures of the body, front and back side.
    I've marked the areas of pain, burning, whatever symptoms...marked on body map and on side short description of pain, burning, etc...
    So even at a glance, he can see how much of my body is effected daily and the "traveling pains".
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History