Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

If you've ever seen your herniated disc on CT with contrast

I cannot seem to post it to the body so I have it in my avatar, but here is the shot from the disc they gave me that they have singled out in 3 different views which I can only assume is my offender. They are all out for the week for the holiday so I have to wait until next week to hear the results so I am about to DIE with wanting to know my fate. I know that no one is an expert and I am not asking for a diagnosis or anything like that so I hope I don't get flagged but in your personal experience, what are they showing? I see on the left of the picture (which is my actual right side) is dark and it seems to be buldging up into that black area and then at the top of the right in the picture there is something trailing up there. My thoughts are this:

Is the trailing part the dye coming from the disc which indicates leaking herniation or is it the nerve that is affected? Or is the lower portion I mentioned before where the buldging is pushing on the nerve root?

In your non medical observations what do you see? I know that we all become "experts" with each different thing we experience and research so I am hoping someone has some thoughts. Thanks in advance!

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    I know how frustrating it can be dealing with treatment of spinal issues.

For me, I've learned to take it a day at a time and try not to waste my much needed energy on worries, esp. before they have occurred.

Using the search on this site, it may be helpful to you to type in your concerns, maybe even like ....preparing for doctor's consultation.
    It may bring to mind questions for doctor that you have not yet thought of, and you can jot down for your doctor appointment.
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History