Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

thought itd gone but pain come back!really worried!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
please help! iv had a discectomy on monday and all my leg pain had gone! i then tried to do my exercises from the physio, stretched out my legs whilst laying on the bed and my pain has come back in my leg!

im so scared iv done something to it. could it be the fluid touching the nerve again?

hope someone can help. has anyone had a re-occurance after surgery for it then to go again in a while?

all responses very welcome and much appreciated.

• littlemiss...give you surgeon a call. I was told after my discectomy/ laminectomy not to be surprised if the pain goes away and then comes back and goes away again. Or if I still had pain for a while before it went away. I guess where the nerves are concerned it is hard to know how they will react after they are freed.

Call your doc. explain what is happening, it may just be the normal healing process, but it is better to be safe.

• I read somewhere that days 3 and 4 were bad ones - figures, it's right when you get out of the hospital (for most)

Still, I second the call to your Dr. Better safe than sorry
  • You probably just irritated the nerves while doing your PT. I'm pretty sure it will improve again once you get built up a lil more. Call and ask your surgeon if youre scared, thats what I'd do.

Good Luck,
  • Thank you so much for my replies. Theyve made me feel so
    much better. I will call my surgeon on Monday and explain
    the situation. I'll keep u all updated xxx
  • i was pain free after my micro d for 1 week, then pain came back, and after another MRI, discovered i had reherniated, so i ended up with the fusion which has so far been a success!!
  • told you to exercise and stretch a few days after surgery?
    Walk and rest,walk and rest,that's about it for post op activities.Now,put some ice on it,and call the doc.
    Hope it's getting better!

• Hi I had TLIF almost 7 weeks ago, I was doing ok until over a week ago. I am having nerve pain and spasms, the nerves were severely compressed so my dr. told me that it's going to take a while before they get back to normal.

I am taking Flexeril for the spasms and neurontin for the nerves, I am feeling better now. I noticed that I feel a lot better when my PT puts me on the stationary bike or treadmill.

I iced my back at least 3 times a day and I always get relieved after doing so.

Hope you can find some comfort.