Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Horrible back/leg pain

hello. I originally joined this forum back in 2013 after injuring my back shoveling snow. I am 55 years old and was a very active person, running 30-40 miles a week. I had an initial MRI that was misread and lead to about 5 months before a neurosurgeon diagnosed a piece of extruded disc lodged in my L 4 nerve root. I then had surgery to remove the piece , a L 3-4 microdiscectomy in May of 2013. A week after the surgery I developed blood clots in my left leg and was diagnosed with Factor V Leiden, a genetic problem that increases your chance for a blood clot.
Fast forward to now. I have had continued pain in my back over the past few years and tried acupuncture, lots of Physical therapy, massage, a DO, and recently yoga! Nothing really helped although I was functioning and walking 5 miles a day.
Three days ago the same horrible pain returned in my right leg. The pain follows my L 4 nerve root and comes down the front of my leg. I think the yoga maybe caused this but am not sure.
I now have a repeat MRI scheduled for later this week and see the neurosurgeon next week.

I wonder if I have a injury to the disc again? Also wonder if others have had this happen and what procedure is done the second time? Also very discouraged!! Originally the surgeon only took out the piece of damaged disc and said my disc had healed by itself. Possibly it was still weak?
Please answer if you have had a similar issue and what your resolution has been.