Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Dont water down the site

This comes up so often, mostly with people who have been here less than 16 months.

I do understand your feelings. You see someone writing about specifics about a spinal condition, you grab onto that and then the next thing you see is a post from me telling people to watch how they post. So you are mad and upset. My intention is not to get anyone agitated about something we write or a forum policy.

The Forum rules stated that you can't provide medical advice[/u] everyone agreed to that when they signed up. But does that mean we have to take everything black and white? No, hopefully we have demonstrated that we can be flexible when appropriate.

But you also have to realize the social and morale implications of someone posting medical advice or details. [u]Its not so much of a question of their information is correct, but it is how the other member reads that.

A member can say Cervical discs are formed such and such a way, and that it will take xx months for it to heal. The way the spine is formed, the cervical area is cured more than the lumbar, because of this. And if you do this, you will be fine, no harm

I have to jump in on those type of posts. Now that one was pretty abrasive, but believe me we getting many like this. We have an obligation to protect everyone. In the past , we have had members take another member's words as pure fact and truth, ignored what their own doctor said , went ahead and did things that cause more serious problems. That is wrong, and that I can not allow to happen.

What surprises me the most, is this site has been in existence for over 12 years, with thousands and thousands of members. So many are able to communicate with other members without even stretching a forum rule, yet they get just as much detail , help and support to the other member.
So it is easy to do.

Look, the last thing I want to create is an environment where people are afraid to communicate. All I ask is that when you write something that has medical detail and potential medical advice, think about it in terms of the person receiving that information.

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• And, you provide such a kindness, a comfort. I never would have made it thru some of the past few months without this site and members.

I think it must be like standing in a long line for donuts. We all want the donuts..most of us will stand in line and behave..we will pay for the donuts. We won't try to skip ahead..we won't cheat, we won't lie, we won't get all bijiggity with our fellow line members....we just want to buy the donuts and know how to have and use our social manners. I'm sorry for all the people..and I am hoping it is a tiny minority..who do not obey the rules.

Thank you again for this site and a special thanks to Sheri and William and Ron and ranch hand...you all especially impacted my journey and recovery.

Today is a rough day... Either osteoarthritis or just being 6 weeks out..my joints are aching and swollen and feel like a hot mess. Nothing compared to the chronic pain that brought me to this site, but the kind of pain that does hurt, but doesn't overly concern me because I know it's part of recouping..and many other peop,e on this site have experienced this and wrote about it. It is such a comfort to know I'm not alone.
  • Sheri76Sheri76 Michigan Posts: 496
    I try to behave here, not that doing so takes a lot of work....but I'm sure I may have slipped a time or two. But from here on out , I will try to be more aware of how I word my posts, I want that donut!!! Please and thank you ; )

You're too funny 2dgs....you always have a way with making me laugh, and now craving a donut!....glad to have you here too....A nice place to be, and that is a thank you to Ron, Liz, and Savage.