Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Has anyone ever had a terrible experience with spinal injections?

Micky MondayMMicky Monday Posts: 1
edited 12/04/2015 - 4:54 AM in Spinal Injections
Yesterday I had a ESI and it was the first one I ever had when I was awake. My body didn't take well to the numbing medicine and I could literally feel the doctor digging around in my spine with his needle. My entire upper body was burning on fire and I could feel extreme pain radiating down my arms and legs. It was extremely scary. Very shortly after the procedure was over I started having convulsions and violently shaking uncontrollably for 30+ minutes. The shaking subsided so I went home to experience 4 separate bouts of uncontrolable shaking in the next 3 hours, not to mention one of the worst headaches I've ever experienced.

Currently I am 22 years old and I had 10 ESI's as a minor all of which I was unconscious for. I never had a problem with these injections but they were an absolute joke in terms of pain relief. I've also had facet injections, and nerve block and nerve obliteration surgeries that did absolutely nothing.

Long story short: my spine was so destroyed as a teen with several herniated discs, torn facets, broken vertabrae, scoliosis. I was forced to obtain a posterior spinal fusion surgery in which 12 inches of metal were put into my spine. The pain was cured until I was 21 and the majority of my remaining discs started degenerating.

I've explored everything and nothing is working as my spine is deteriorating everyday. I'm only 22 and I'm scared for my future. At this point it seems that narcotics are my only hope.

I guess my question is has anyone else ever had extremely terrible spinal injection results!

Look at ESI and also do a simple search for ESI. You will get pages and pages and pages of member tests, results and feedback

-- Ron DiLauro, Spine-Health System Moderator 12/04/15