Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello to all

Shine OnSShine On Posts: 87
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in New Member Introductions
I certainly don't feel like a newbie here, I have depended on this site for over a year now. I posted a few times on the old site under a different name but I visit often and truly feel at home here. The last year of my life has been more frustrating that I could have imagined possible, unfortunately, I know there is much more to come. I have a discogram scheduled next week that I am very nervous about, but I know it is a necessary evil. Now I have neck issues, it just never ends. I am consumed on a daily basis with the many decisions involved with all of this, most importantly...will I go for a fusion if that is what my surgeon thinks is necessary? One of my worst fears is permanent nerve damage. I have tried physical therapy, injections, TENS unit, discectomy x 2, Lyrica, Topamax. I'm 41 years old and very nervous about my future, my quality of life has gone way down which is heartbreaking. I have faith that this next round of injections will help my neck and then I need to make a big decision on the fusion. I have been so blessed by this site and at times don't know what I would have done without it. I just wanted to say thank you to all of you that have helped me and didn't even know you were doing so =)

• welcome to spine-health...
  • Thank you bigcat90! I noticed in your signature it says "anular tear fixed", do you mind if I ask how it was fixed?
  • ">image Welcome to the show!! I hope that you find information in these boards from people who have had some of your same problems and will be able to get some good advice or at least be a good place to start. They are understanding and compassionate and very knowledgeable about their illnesses and pains. If they don't know the answer, they can usually tell you where you can find what you're looking for.
    It's good to have you in our group Hang in there!">image
  • Thanks Terrie!! Hanging in there is what I seem to be getting really good at, sometimes only by a thin thread but I am determined to never let go!!

Hi Lori,

You know reading your posting sounds like what I have written and feel.

I'm sorry you are so scared and facing such a diffcult decision. But it sounds like you have complete faith with your surgeon which is half the battle. Your posting was so sweet and heartfelt.

I pray that the injections work for you, because you know fusion is obviously the last choice you want to make.

I just wanted to welcome you and wish you luck with your decisions. As always you have definitely found the right site to help you with knowledge and hopefully it will help you to make the correct decision.

We are here for you ok? Pebbles
  • :) hi and welcome to the new forum! we are still here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. it is great that you have found the forum to be such a support system to you. i am truly hoping the injections will work for you. good luck and i hope to see you around the forum! Jenny :)
  • Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome! You all rock!!!!