Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Working and chronic pain

I am a 25 year old male loving with chronic thoracic back pain for almost 3 years. I take Suboxone as my primary pain reliever.

I have been having extreme difficulty maintaining my life as of late. I had been stable on my pain regiment for about a year. Now I am dealing with what seems to be chronic fatigue and generalized disinterest with everything around me. I'm also just having difficulty focusing on any task and feel as though I can't even think.

My pain started while I was in college and I haven't been able to graduate yet because of it. I am pursuing a degree in Electrical engineering which is a tough field. Doing my homework takes 4 tides longer than a normal student.

I guess this whole life where I have to fight with one arm tied behind my back is getting old. I accept that I may never be cured and my pain will never resolve, but is it really necessary to hit me side effects where I am never in a sense stable. I feel like the guy in the cartoon who is sticking his fingers in the holes in the wall of a damn to stop the water, but every time I plug a whole, a new opens.

Anyway this seems more rant than question lol. How do you guys deal with trying to work/school with chronic pain? Anyone else deal with Suboxone and their opinions?

• Hello I am 21 and have been living with chronic thoratic and lumbar pain for over 5 years now due to scoliosis. I work full time in an office and I am also a single mother of a 3 year old. Boy is it tough!! I have a hilarious set up at my desk.. lots of pillows, heating pad, TENS unit wires everywhere.. I get cortisone shots every 2 months, wear lidocaine patches and take Oxycodone 3x a day. I take a hot epsom bath every night and perform gentle strecthes and deep breathing before bed. I find myself sometimes very antsy and not focused at work.. my pain is actually at its worst when I am sitting in my office chair 8+ hours a day. I find my pain to be worse or more so less tolerable depending on my mood. You MUST pump yourself up in the morning, make your mind feel good before starting the day, a pep talk, inspirational quotes, positive vibes go a long way as corny as it may sound. If your mind is off or you're in a funk your body is going to follow that notion. We arent always in control of how we feel physically.. but we can gain control over how we feel mentally and spirtually. I'm sending you butt loads of positive energy!!