Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Constant Pain L3-S1

IgorithmIIgorithm Posts: 2
edited 12/08/2015 - 4:37 AM in Lower Back Pain

Personal info: 182cm height, 70kg, 26, male

I have bigger problems with my back everyday.

First kind of pain: Soft pressure on my bones (verterbra - little to the right) is extremely painful between L4-L5 and L5-S1. I have received antiinflammation injection in L4-L5 (Dexa + xlyocain), but it not better. Now just pressure itself does not hurt so much but on L4-L5 but I start feeling much bigger problem on L3, just like my ligament are going to tear apart when I stretch them. I have no leg pain

Second kind od pain: when i bend forward and try to relax low back in this position I have extreme pain in my mucles just near the vertebrae, bones, facet joint or whatever the bones are called. I have a filling like my ligaments are going to tare apart, like they are in big spasm (not sure if right word). I am not able to stretch my low back. If for example I am lying on the flor and try to raise my both legs (when I tighten my back muscles) pain is very extreme. Pain is not like nerve pain, it is more like muscle, ligaments pain. I have a feeling like my ligaments are one big knot (i had many massages, not helping)

Third kind of pain: when i wake up in the morning I do not feel big pain (my doctor for reumatic deseases thinks I have no AS or something similar, I am also HLAB27 negative), also when i sleep i do not feel extreme pain. But after some time (5-10minutes, like washing my teeth) I start to feel stiff constant pain, like inflammation. If I sit longer time, or stand this constant pain becomes more severe. I can even run, have no big troubles unless I make weird leap and for example hit ground with my foot fingers then I feel extreme pain like explained in "second kind of pain".

Pictures and test results

MRI: moderate leftcentral herniation of IV disc L4L5 and bigger leftcentral herniation of L5S1

CT SIS: osteofit complex dorzal 3mm...actually I am not able to translate from Slovenian but it is similar to MRI

HLAB27 negative, Reumatologist thinks I do not have alkli. Spondilitys

I have issues with my low back few years now, but I started with healing at December 2014. Since then it is worse and worse, at the begginig I could make many pushups, stretch my back, many stomach muscles excercises but now I cannot do two of them. I have been to phsiatrist, physioterapists, orthopedists, reumatologists but we still have no exact answer what exactly is the issue.

My visits

Orthopedist - at first visit he said i surely do not have hernia issues. I have no clinical signs of herniated discs. At 4th visit he gave me injection.

Physiatrist - nothing specail, said to go to neurosurgeon

Neurosurgeon - think it is muscle problem, see no issues with nerves

Rheumatologist - still waiting for full MRI which I have in January 2016 (kneck, whole back and hips)

Therapise, and none of them helped:

8x laser, ultrasonic, electricity

5x tecar

8x pool, magnetictherapy, electricity, muscle excercises, stabikization

I had many relaxing massages, even was having 13x of acupunture (done by doctor and was painfull, my body did not excepted it well) but whatever I do my body responds immidiately and returns to old wierd state.

If somebody had simmilar issues I would be extremly happy hearing from you.