Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

MRI on Monday to 911 surgery on Wed-what a week!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
last week at this time I had backpain but wow did the week change in a hurry!. Last Sunday my groin and right leg went numb and by the evening I thought I might go to the hospital but I called a spine specialst that was on-call for the practice and he wantd to see me on Monday. I had an emergency MRI Monday afternoon and the disk was so bulged into the nerves that I had to have it removed to prevent nerve damage. Wed morning that was completed, all my pain is gone and i am just a bit tight in the back and calves but my right leg and groin is still numb. What happens from here? It is a bit concerning not to have feeling in the groin and leg. Thanks for your help!

• I had a similar experience. I woke up one morning unable to walk due to muscle weakness in my left lower extremity. A week and a half later I had surgery. I woke up from surgery and had the same leg weakness with more pain.

My surgery was 2 weeks ago. My main concern is being able to walk normally again. Everyone says it can take a long time for the damaged nerves to heal.

It is funny, 7.5 years ago I lost a lot of function (and muscle mass) in my left arm and hand. I had surgery to relieve it. After the surgery it was worse. It took almost a year, but I had a full recovery.

I promised myself this time around I would not freak out and get impatient. But it is hard not to.

Hang in there and give it some time!
  • that must of been very scarey!!!! i don't know what to tell you comes next but my well wishes and good thoughts are with you!

• Thank you for the well wishes and information. I am tring to learn all I can as fast as I can as this is all new to me. This site seems like the place to be for the correct info.