Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Back Surgery scheduled

Here is my story...I don't know a lot of the medical terminology but here goes anyway. I fell in 1985 and had a burst/compression fracture of L2. They used Harrington rods from t11-12 to L5-S1 with fusion from t11 to L5. For years I have dealt with a lot of pain in my lower back, upper back, hips and legs. I was told 17 years ago that I had Flatback syndrome and really needed to have reconstruction surgery to correct the reverse lumbar lordosis. I kept putting it off for years but finally decided it was time to do something.

I went to see another surgeon at a nearby medical university hospital. The surgeons there confirmed everything that I was told years ago. I have decided to go ahead with the surgery but figured my health insurance company might deny the surgery or make me jump through hoops like I have read about other peoples insurance issues.

The hospital called me yesterday to tell me my scheduled surgery date. I asked them if they had gotten approval from my insurance company, she said they had to schedule it before insurance would consider it. Well I checked today and the insurance company has already approved the surgery.

I am relieved that it is finally going to happen and dreading it at the same time. I have been doing a lot of reading on this site, to make sure I am as ready as possible.