Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

C1-C2 Fusion

Any other lucky ones out there? I know this is a fairly uncommon procedure, so I thought we could compare notes and lean on each others shoulders a bit. :-)
April 2011 C1-C2 Fusion (Brooks wiring)
January 2012 C1-C2 Revision Fusion (Harms Technique)
2010 - current: Trigger Point Injections, Epidural Injections, Bilateral C2-C3 Radiofrequency Ablations

• achyneck said:
    Any other lucky ones out there? I know this is a fairly uncommon procedure, so I thought we could compare notes and lean on each others shoulders a bit. :-)
    Hi, my name is Ion - i'm 31 a years old male from Bucharest, Romania. I've had a c1-c2 fusion on 5 september 2015 after a motorcycle accident happened in July of 2015 in which I overextended my head resulting in ligament tearing. The pain before was terrible and I've spent alot of visits to several medics that couldnt give me a decent answer, until I've met a good neurosurgeon who also performed the surgery - posterior incision with 4 screws and 2 titanium rods. After the surgery my life has changed for the worst as I was an active person, been riding motorbikes for about ten years and had a passion for sports and travel, which I wont ever see again probably ...
    On december 16 after a CT my surgeon confirmed that I was 80% fused and he prescribed me physiotherapy which i'll start now in january if i feel up to it.
    I feel better than the first months now, but still far away from normal, pain still comes and goes depending on how I keep my head...about one month from the surgery my knees both swelled alot and I found myself unable to walk for the most of it, visited few rheumatologists and was diagnosticated with ankylosing spondylitias which flared up because of the operation in the neck .. now I feel most of the days like an old sickly man unable to do much of the daily tasks, spending most of the day in the bed ... lost my job, close to bancrupcy and making my wife suffer because of my condition - God bless her soul, she was a pillar for me thru this but shes tired of it ...
    I've been lurking and reading on these forums for a while now and was terrified of the stories involving c-spine surgeries, none seems to end well. If anyone needs more info on how to cope with this in the first months and what helped me fuse easier I cand give some advices and i'd also be happy to receive yours about how to continue life in this situation.
    Hope I wasnt too incoherent in this little venting and excuse my poor english or typing mistakes. May God watch over everyone here in pain !
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    Welcome to Spine-Health
    Please click on link for helpful information!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History