Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Do children fully recover from spinal fusion?

edited 12/11/2015 - 2:36 AM in Recovering from Surgery
I am a 13-year-old girl from Perth, Western Australia. It has been two weeks since my c6, c7 and t1 were fused following a compression fracture in my c7. I am currently in a neck brace, although my spine is stable. I have tested some short up, down, left, right head movements without the neck brace with no problems at all. I was wondering how long will it take for a full fusion and recovery as a child, and will I ever get back to a normal teenage lifestyle?

You must be eighteen (18) years of age or over to use the Spine-health forum. If you are older than eighteen (18) years of age you may register with us. If you are between the ages ofthirteen (13) and eighteen (18) or the applicable legal age in your jurisdiction[/u] you can use Veritas Health sites and the Spine-health Forum [u]only in conjunction with, and under the supervision of, your parent or guardian who has agreed to these Terms of Use. If you are under the age of thirteen (13), you may not use the Veritas Health sites and/or the Spine-health Forums in compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act.

If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under the age of eighteen (18), you may use the Veritas Health sites and/or the Spine-health Forums on behalf of such minor child. By using the Veritas Health sites and/or the Spine-health Forums on behalf of a minor child, you represent and warrant that you are the parent or legal guardian of such child and that all references in these Terms of Use to “you” shall refer to such child or such other individual for whom you have authorization to enter into these Terms of Use on their behalf, and you in your capacity as the parent or legal guardian of such child or as the authorized party of such individual. If you do not qualify under these terms, do not use the Veritas Health sites and/or the Spine-health Forums.

- Ron DiLauro, Spine-Health System Moderator
maddy :)

• Lvn86LLvn86 Posts: 68
    edited 12/26/2015 - 8:22 PM
    Yes my daughter at 14 had a spinal
    Fusion T9-T12 . She was back on basketball court in 6 months. She is playing college basketball now. She was in a body brace for over 3 months.