Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I'm new here

Hi..I've been reading the posts in many of the forums for quite some time and decided to become a member. I've used this place as a source of research as well comfort..please don't ask me for the disc locations because I cannot tell you at the moment.
I've lost friends because of my this..but I retain my optimism.
I've had injections and ablations and none have worked.. in fact each ablation was painful, the last one had me in tears..andthe pain management doctor I have doesn't listen..
I fall for no reason and no one seems to listen to that fact..I lose my balance alot..any way..
I've seen a new pain Dr and he went over all my records and he said there was nothing that could be done for me and do not let anyone tell me to have surgery because that was NOT an option! The only options for me were other my tens unit,,regulating pain meds and ice...he told me to get a cane and file for ssi...he told me to sit there for awhile and let that sink in because he didn't want me driving.
He was awesome..he told me he hated having to to tell someone that kind of news..
I'm here for support and friends who aren't afraid to discuss the disability..
Wendy Reed

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,474
    Welcome to Spine-Health
    Please click on link for helpful information!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,474
    It is so good to hear your new pain doctor is communicating clearly with you!
    And so caring, also!

When I would receive that kind of life changing information, it also effected me emotionally.
    Not crying or such, but my feelings absorbing it and so my mind would need some of it explained again as I didn't fully wrap my mind around it.
    Gosh, I still haven't :)

So, I did have to ask my doctor to explain same question he previously explained because it was so much to take in.
    He did so very kindly.

Much of your post I relate to..loss of friends, family, work, but I worked and continue to work at continuing to be with positive outlook.
    I've never been a candidate for surgery either.

I've been using a cane few or more years now and best thing I've done!
    I still fall backwards, and the cane helps, but what surprised me was how it immediately helped with my pain!
    The whole why and how it helps to lessen pain was explained to me, but I don't recall word one.
    Just happy it helps!

I, too, needed to file for Disability.
    I live in the States and used a Disability attorney. No out of pocket costs for clients, so win-win.
    I received mine within six months.

My attorney walked me through the whole thing so effectively. With my confusion, feeling a little emotionally numb from all the changes happening, I don't think I could have navigated the system on my own.
    But there are many here who have posted of successfully receiving Disability...having worked on it on their own.

You may find it helpful to use the search on this site, type in your concerns and you may be led to current or older posts, articles, videos.
    Sometimes I find when I search, I come up with more questions that I jot down for my doctor.

You found a great site..caring community.
    You're not alone!

Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• I haven't worked for six months..I went on short term disability from work..how did you manage to get your ssi in six months because normally you're denied the first two times?..I was told it would be a year before I even see a judge..but I have a paycheck coming in from my short term disability at work..
    I think it's mind over matter when it comes to the cane..it will take me some time getting used to using it not to mention grabbing it all the time..
    Oh and the pride is a factor.
    How do you ever overcome that?
    There is so much I want to talk about in regards to me and my pain and well...everything!!!
    Wendy Reed