Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Jobs for SI Joint Pain

Hi Everyone,
I am wondering if anyone has any advice about which jobs are good for people with SI Pain. I have had Si Joint pain for the past 2 years and it is still present. I have been going to chiropractor, Physical therapist, and have taken prednisone. I have felt some improvement, but not fully, if I over do it then the pain gets worse again. I'm currently losing my job because of this. I assist in a Pre-K/ Kindergarten classroom, where there is alot of bending involved. The condition started right before I got this job, so I would not be able to get workers comp. I have pain when bending, lifting, kneeling, standing in one place too long, and sitting for too long. My boss is letting me go at the end of this school year, due to safety reasons, she is afraid I won't be able to respond to the children fast enough if there is an emergency. I don't have a college degree, so teaching older kids is not possible. Also has anyone received disability for this condition? Any advice or experience would be appreciated, thanks!


  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    Which of your doctors prescribed the prednisone?

    My primary doctor tried to care for my pain about two years and referred me to pain management doctor.
    Best thing for me! He did tastings not done by others, and more effective treatments with follow ups.
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

  • It needs to be documented well. Maybe your job can document your safety limitations for you before you leave. You need a functional capacity exam to help you determine specific tasks you are able to perform. You can pay for it and go to a place that specializes in work related lab testing, they usually perform these exams as well. My PCP refused the test and stated the organization did not get involved in work related issues. It's tricky for unemployment as well. You need to be able to physically look for work if you apply for that. You have to find a doctor and a therapist that can document the severity of your condition that precludes you from working. They should also state how long it is expected to last.
Sign In or Register to comment.