Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

4 Months Post Op 2 level ALIF

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Met my 4 month mark on July 11th. There has been a huge difference with my stamina in the last 3 weeks, I seem to have reached a major milestone in recovery! I am finally able to keep up with my family activities without it completley exhusting me. With 5 kids I was starting to worry that I would not be able to keep up this fall with all of our sports, activities and the fact we homeschool.

My leg pain has been gone since about 1 month post op. I still need some meds on occasion either really early in the AM or at night on very active days. My L5/S1 is "very fused" and the L4L5 is "coming along nicely". So I am happy with that. I had all of my "restrictions" regarding weight limit, twisting, bending lifted a month ago. I have not had any problems with any activity.

I am still in PT but down to once a week as I have learned most of the exercises and can do them on my own at home. My incision is still a little sore and my bowels are still thrown for a loop but hopefully this will all get resolved in the next couple of months.

Overall I feel I have reached a turning point and am finally starting to feel like my old self! Yea!! I have so missed my busy, active life and even though I am not 100% I know that at this point I will be.

I am so glad that I did this. It was so hard to decide and I put it off for so long as I was terrified. Even though it was the hardest thing I have ever done, I am forever grateful that my outcome has been good and given me my old life back.

I can't thank everyone here enough for all the support you have given me. For anyone waiting to have surgery, do not ever give up hope. I am here for anyone who needs to talk.

Take care all!

• Hi Kids,

What terrific news for you. I'm so happy and proud of you. I admire how you manage to recover from your surgery and still raise 5 kids. image You are my idol! Please give your family my best and give Mom and big hug. Please keep us posted as you continue getting more active. You will give all of us who are stuck in recovery or contemplating surgery such hope. Hope is a powerful thing to have in life.

Godspeed. Pebbles
  • How wonderful to feel as if you re back in the world of the living!!!! :)

It has been a bit of a struggle I know from reading your posts but definitely worth it.
    The rest will fall into place when you resume a normal life again.

Thanks for sharing this with us, it gives hope to the rest of us.

Blessings Sara