Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

One Year Post Three-Level ACDF...still in serious pain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi, everyone. I haven't been on here for quite a while, but I find myself needing advice once again. I had a three-level ACDF back in June 2007 after a work-related accident. Well, I got better for awhile. Unfortunately, the pain is back in my arms and hands really bad. I'm also experiencing tingling and numbness again as well. I am so scared to even think of what this could mean for me at this point. I am still seeing a pain management doctor once a month and still take several medications, but they are not really helping much anymore. Anyone have any suggestions for me? Have any of you been through this surgery and had these kinds of issues this long after the procedure? Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• am so sorry to hear that you are having problems. I would suggest that you get back in touch with your spine doctor to see what he\she has to say. I still have problems but I only had one level so I can't help with what may be going on as it relates to your surgery....but you should really have it checked out. Good luck to you and please keep us posted as to what you find out and how you are doing.....take care....Miki
  • Have you had recent xrays? I had an increase in symptoms and my surgeon ordered a CT scan to check fusion, and it was determined that I did not fuse completely. Not saying that is what you have going on, but I would suggest scheduling a followup with your surgeon and ask for a new MRI adn a CT scan.

Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,364

I had an anterior ACDF done 2 years ago ... It never fused, I subsequently had another level herniate and was in intollerable pain for over 3+ years. After seeing a couple of ortho's ... one finally ponied up and pointed out all of the pathology in my neck. I have had my neck totally rebuilt ... the old plate removed and both posterior and anterior (and a cage) appliances installed ... so far so better ... some pain but tollerable. I'm 2 months post op ... maybe you need a redo?? It happens.

My avatar is worth a thousand words.
    Spine-health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!

This discussion has been closed.