Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Norco dosage change

tomcaatttomcaat Posts: 1
edited 12/14/2015 - 12:17 PM in Pain Medications
This may be something already known around here, but here goes anyways. My doctor prescribed me Norco 5/325 mg 3 times per day with a count of 60 tabs. I wasn't familiar with the 'Norco' name at first but when I found out it was simply 5 mg hydrocodone, was in some quite legitimate renal pain, and had previously taken it for extended times before - I increased my intake to two tabs 3 times daily because 1 just didn't do squat. At this week's appointment I told her (same doctor) about this. She said this would be okay this time and that when I ran out to call in and she would change it (Norco) to 10 mg 3 times daily. Question: Since the 5 mg tabs obviously ran out early, will my insurance still cover it as long as the same doctor increased it? Thanks.
advertisement

Comments

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,940
    Welcome to Spine-Health
    Please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• No one should ever take more of a prescribed medication unless and until you clear it with your prescribing doctor first. Doing what you did usually results in someone no longer being prescribed opiates and that will follow you in your records to every doctor you see.
    As far as the insurance filling a new prescription, they may, but the pharmacist may not since you should still have meds left from the original prescription.
    The pharmacist or insurance may want to speak to the doctor first.

• In my case when they increase the dosage of the pain mec it is refilled whether early or not since it us a change in prescription.
    Vicki