Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Problems after C-4 thru C-6 fusion

Greetings all, I had C- spine surgery Fusion mid October C4 thru 6 and now continue to have tingling in all fingers and hand, pain in left hand and fingers, not the knuckles the bones back pain and continued neck pain. I still lose mu balance and now also have burning in the right upper thigh and the left lower calve. Where the incission was in my throat I lose my voice after talking for a bit and have numbness from the center of my chin down and along the jaw bone to the left ear. In my younger years 27 I had damage to the C-5/6 and wore a halo twice. So kind of got use to the isues there but now a new set of things happened after this proceedure. Anybody have these issues after this type of procedure/
SJ
SB Jackson
advertisement

Comments

• ArtsygalAArtsygal Kentucky Posts: 27
    Hope the extra time, I take it you're 4 months post op now, has let your nerves calm down.  I had acdf c5-c7 fused.  Losing your voice is common as with nerve inflammation after major surgery and it takes time for the body to heal. 2 years post surgey and my neck is still numb from the incision site to my jaw line, but let me stress my case is not the typical. How are you doing now? Has the added healing time improved your symptoms?