Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi All!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello all!

I've been lurking here for awhile and felt like it's time to introduce myself. I'm a 41 year old woman who's been having low back pain for 8 years. I turned wrong while getting ready for work in Jan. 2000. I think an ice skating fall around '95 or '96 got the ball to rolling though.

A CT scan and discogram confirmed that I had a herniated disc in the L5-S1 area and I had a 360 fusion in Oct. 2000. I had some relief from the surgery but the pain started coming back in late 2001. Physical therapy, steriod shots and rhizotomies didn't help. I went on long term disability in 2003 and am working on Social Security Disability.

I started having right leg pain in Nov. 2005 and I had a major car accident in Apr. 2007 which didn't help my pain levels. I started seeing a new pain management dr in late Jan. 2008. I've had the best luck with him than any other doctor. I've been under the care of a PCP, physical rehab dr, 2 previous PM drs and a neurophyschiatrist (sp?). I had a spinal cord stimulator put in on 5/29/08. I'm not painfree and realize I may never be but it's helped more than anything I've done.

I'm just wanting to meet others who are the same boat. :)
Sorry if this is too long.

• welcome to spine health,i am on ssi disabilty ..
  • :)hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. it is nice you decided to make yourself known. SH can be a big comfort especially in the late hours of the night. i am glad your stimulator has been a help to you. what are you doing for your leg pain? it makes all the difference to have a doctor you can count on. good luck and i will see you around the forum. Jenny :)
  • Your post is not to long, LOL Wait until you read some of mine and others on here. We like as much information as we can get to help answer questions and learn from these forums. I need to edit my profile, it seems too long but still doesn't cover everything I've have experienced or all the procedures I've had done, ha ha.

Look forward to seeing you on the boards.
  • I'm new here too. I am wondering if you have had an MRI since your accident. I'm glad the SCS is helping you.

• to the forum. So sorry to hear about your failed surgeries but so glad to hear that you may have finally gotten some relief. Sometimes it just takes finding the right doc. Please keep us posted on your progress.
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can.i am so happy to hear that the stimulator may be working for you. take it slow and follow the company's orders on the machine. good luck! Jenny :)
  • Jenny,

The stimulator helps with the leg pain. I also use Icy Hot balm & Hydrocodone if I need to.

• Skippy,

I haven't had a MRI done since the accident. They just did CT scans at the ER that day. It sounds like I probably won't be able to do any more MRIs since a had the spinal cord stimulator implanted.