Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

wek 28

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,622
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:19 AM in Diet, Nutrition, Weight Loss
thought id go ahead any start week 28 as im not sure if vic is feeling better,
Well im disappointed i stayed exactly the same dispite giving up my beloved bread,hope you all did better
advertisement

Comments

• What a disappointment....I stayed the same, someone shoot me. Okay, I made up my mind to get my butt in gear and try even harder for next week. Maybe since I can move a little easier I'll lose some weight. Looks like you and I are in the same boat Benji55 :)
    Crossing my fingers or everyone else ;)

Christina
  • I've put on a pound and deserve every ounce of it! I fell off the wagon big time this week and landed right on my big fat bum. Well it serves me right - in fact I feel like I've had a result, I should have put on more.

Come on girls, let's get a wriggle on - you 2 are just stalling, your weight loss will show up next week.

I'm 11 1/2 stone, I'm going to lose weight this week, I'm setting myself a mini target of 2lbs ....... anyone else up for it?

Sandra
  • :) ok doof i will see you 2 pounds and add a 1/2. check. as for this week all i can say is 5 pounds. that is a five pound gain!!! lucky are the girls who stayed the same!!! doof would probably agree with me. i think my scale must be broken. that puts me at 150 pounds. i have not weighed that in over 10 years!!!!! so i am sticking with the broken scale story. lol! NOT! it all has to do with bread and butter! beyond that i am breaking all barriers this week and i am in with doof!!! good luck everyone! Jenny :)
  • oh dear jenny,don t let it get u down,we will see a loss next week.The thing is atleast u had the courage to weigh in and u know what u up against
  • I'm gonna try and get this butt moving a lil more. Next week I'm determined to at least get 2 1/2 pounds off! }:)

Christina ;)
  • :) :) how i hated to weigh in and post my weight but i know of no other way to keep track of the pounds. i am proud of myself for facing my body and saying "ok! you have another week to get off the 2 1/2 pounds." Christina, i am right with you! "ladies we are strong and determined and have faced our fears! the only way now is up!!!!i am so proud of all of you as well!!!!!! Jenny :)
  • for the 2 1/2 lbs. I did horrible this week and gained 1 lb. I am like doof thinking that it should have been more! I did well all week until Thursday. Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sunday were horrible. I am back to 238 lbs. I started in February at 256 lbs. If I could just get another 2 off I will be at my 20 lb lost mark. OK. No more excuses. I will check in more frequently this week and do my very best to stay motivated. My back pain is not helping at all. I saw my doc on Wednesday and he upped my meds. I swear that I think the pain meds make me hungrier. I do well when I keep a box of high fiber low sugar cereal on hand and if I get real hungry I have a small bowl of that. It really helps me not to eat something worse. OK, people lets give it an honest effort this week. Congrats to all that managed to stay the same.
  • :) painintheback,glad to have you on board this week! you seem to have a good plan to opt out on those really "treacherous" moments. all we can do is give it our best! good for you for trying! that is the most important part of all. Jenny :)
  • im in with u guys,im gonna try really hard and get 2 pounds off this week,im taking alot more lyrica but im gonna walk everyday and keep off the bread,anyone any ideas for subsitues for bagels
  • :) benji, you know you need your bread of some type. i don't think you can get much lower than a bagel. don't set yourself up for failure. doing your bagels, walking and cutting calories works well for you! i understand about the Lyrica. i am on 300mg a day. just stick with what you know. i am using the food diary all week for sure! Jenny :)
  • Well, I haven't weighed myself recently and I don't want to. :sick:

Plus I had one of those weekends where I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off, from a pot luck lunch Saturday, to a pot luck dinner that night, and then an all day event where lunch was hamburgers and hotdogs, chips etc. I should have made time to prepare something healthy to take, but didn't.

I find when I am tired I do not make good food choices. Better luck this week to everyone!

Teri
  • ranchoalmosta, you sound so down on yourself. gaining weight and having pain can be very depressing. we are behind you 100%! getting on the scale is not important if you do not think so. perhaps if you start eating better, you will feel better and you can break the cycle. one meal at a time is a beginning. have a great week. Jenny :)
  • you re right jenny about the bread,the scales just arn t moving for me,i know i should nt have but i stood on the scales and it looks as if ive put on weight,its so dishearting,i will not do that again before sunday,just have to carry on walking and watching what i eat,hows the walking going with u this week
    teri hindsights a wonderful thing isn t it lol.weve all being there all we can do is pick ourselfs up and start again
  • benji55, thanks for checking on me. i need checking on! lol! well no bread for me yesterday and i managed a walk. started out the morning with another and feel like eating only fruit today. and DON'T get on that scale! yikes! that can really kill your self esteem girlfriend. once a week is enough! lol! try to feel really revitalized this week and have those 2 pounds in your mind. you are doing everything right so far. Jenny :)
  • I did the same as Elaine. It also looks like I put on weight. My problem is that I have been in so much pain with my back, hip and leg that I haven't done any cooking. My husband does not cook so we have done a lot of fast food. If I can just get through this bout of severe pain, I know that I can get back on track. Elaine, have you tried the low calorie high fiber bread? It is kind of thin but if you are a bread eater it definitely helps. Heres hoping that I can get my pain level down enough to start preparing meals. Good luck guys.
  • painintheback, i am really sorry to hear you are having an exacerbation right now. they seem like they will never end and just go on day after day. my thoughts are with you and i can understand your problem with cooking. we are here with you whether you lose or put on a few pounds. you are more important than the pounds. so please concentrate on getting better and the weight will come off in good time. check in with us anyway, i put on 5 pounds last week and i am still here. lol! we love you anyway! Jenny :)
  • thanks pain in the back,ive just checked and found out that 2 slices of wholegrain bread is less fat and cals than my regular bagel so think ill start that,ive changed my cereal to a less cal one in the hope that i will shift a pound or 2 (really hoping lol and praying lol)i ve also been walking but its anyones guess with our freind lyrica ive been taking it 3 times aday and have to say its really helped,I hope you pain eases soon pain in the back,jenny its anyones guess with the lyrica if we loss or put on weight isn t it,but weve manage to lose before and ive no doubt we can do it again.Has anyone heard how vic is?
  • benji, the new bread seems like a good idea. if i can find it i may try. ate only fruit yesterday! hungry tonight, 2 in the morning here, but i want the two pounds off. it is my birthday!! you are so right about the Lyrica. if we follow our plans all week and don't lose i can only say it is the Lyrica. i am adding in an extra walk to. you are doing well! vic hasn't even posted! that is not like her! Jenny :)
  • happy birthday jenny,is it today? i do nt think i could just eat fruit, good 4 u ,u surely deserve to lose 2 pounds.it really could go either way 4 me,but i hope i have a loss.
    hope everyone else is having a better week
  • :) benji, it is today thank you! you could eat all fruit one day. or two or three. this is going on the third day but i am another year older and heavier than ever! i don't care if i starve right now. i will not be defeated by Lyrica or that culprit bread either! so i say today! lol! i know you are doing great! Jenny
  • :) how is everyone else doing this week? sticking with it or atleast hanging in there? remember we are all chronic pain patients and have to deal with that issue daily and then comes trying to take off some weight. when we hurt too much or for whatever reason can't watch the calories daily, we are doing all we can to just be alive and "well." it is a life changing event to take off and keep off those pounds and we have extra battles like inactivity and meds to deal with. so noone is to go around here feeling bad about themselves. everyone is a winner! Jenny
  • you are always so supportive to all of us and I want you to know that it really means alot! I will not bail out on you guys no matter what. Even though we are miles away and do not see each other we do talk everyday and I think of you as good friends. It is almost like talking on the phone everyday. I will always be posting here!
    Elaine, I learned that about the bread when I was on weightwatchers years ago. I hope it will help you.
  • I don't think things are going too well...so far anyway. I mean I dont have that much of an appetite but I just cant seem to lose any weight. All I do is sit in the house cause I cant walk that far before my hips start aching like crazy and Icant stand the heat. I'm almost 5 weeks post-op from my L5-S1 fusion. I feel like lifes going on around me and I gotta admit, it does get me down.
    On the plus side...my hubby bought me a treadmill today so I can walk more without going outside and sweating like a piggy. He's being mega supportive. Tomorrow I'm gonna get my buns in gear and push myself to walk two miles on the treadmill. I need to get this weight off so tht I dont end up in surgery again next year. My back cant hold up this much weight.
    Cross your fingers for me girls and Jenny, painintheback is right, your support of us really makes a difference. It's greatly appreciated :)

Okay well its almost 1 in the morning here, better say good-night.

Take Care,

Christina :)
  • christina its still early days don t run before you can walk you l still get there in the end,im glad ur hubby is being supportive that can really help,as for me i think im going to have to cut down on the lyrica i ve been quite good this week no treats the very odd slip up but i feel as if i ve put on this week,im gonna give a final push these next two days in the hope that i can have a loss
  • Has anyone heard from vic,its been awhile from she posted i know she was feeling poorly and im getting abit worried about her
  • :) Christina, don't go to fast. going from 5 minutes to 2 miles is alot!! that could hurt you. i am sure you are anxious and want to get going but one of the worst things you can do is to overdo!!! once you get on the treadmill and start putting in some time you should notice a weight loss. right now just do the best you can do and that is all that is all you should expect of yourself. it will get better. perhaps you are "dieting" and not substituting what you like for something alittle bit different but lower in calories. like benji is doing with the bread. it is a matter of adjusting in the beginning and not a sure thing right away. give and take, trial and error! we have all been there! thank you for your kind words. they mean alot to me! Jenny
  • and I for one do not think that I will reach that 2 pound goal. If anything I have put on at least two lbs. Anyway, good luck to all and see you on Sunday!
  • theres no hope off me getting 2 pounds off by tomorrow,think il be lucky to stay the same
  • benji, stayed the same? now when is that such a bad thing? i had a box of cupcakes on my birthday and am afraid to get on the scale!!! please don't worry and realize the two pounds is not the end all and merely a motivation tool for us all. my friend, you have not disappointed anyone and you may surprise yourself at your loss. if not, there is another week to try again!!! Jenny :)
  • And next week...Lets set the 2 pound goal again! :P I doubt if I'll get any off either this week. I have been doing a mile a day on my treadmill but the weight must like me cause its not coming off. Ug!!
    Tomorrow is coming too fast.

Christina :)
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.