Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Please advise. Burning foot after spine surgery

Can someone please explain what could cause the sole of my left foot to develop a severe burning pain after surgery?

I had a laminectomy disectomy interbody fusion with instrumentation at T12-L1 six months ago. I awoke from surgery with burning pain in my left foot bottom. The screws went in correctly as verified by a cat scan. I had to have this surgery cause I was told my spinal cord was beginning to be compressed due to a disc bulge and stenosis. I had leg weakness in the days leading up to surgery but did not have any back pain. I still don't have back pain other than the occasional pain I get now if I walk or stand too much.

I still have this burning stinging pain in my left foot but it's a little less and concentrated in the heel. It was a 10 after surgery and now is a 5 or 6.

My doctor is mum about anything and does not want to admit nothing wrong. He says he did not retract or touch the cord during the operation. I did not have a dura tear as I would have noticed the headache. He was able to get a 10 mm interbody fusion cage into the disk space without touching the thecal sac. This is what he claims. It can't be scar tissue as the pain I experienced was directly after surgery.

So I'm just hoping someone has some kind experience which could help shed light on my issue.

I hope it improves but I have no idea what caused it to begin with. This would help in knowing if it will recover.

Looking for any insights here. Btw lyrica does little to relieve the pain.

• chop my leg offcchop my leg off British ColumbiaPosts: 56
    Different body type. Mines lumbar... but I didn't have constant foot pain till after the first surgery which I think has to do with nerve damage.  Can't stand on my toes since second surgery.  Can't wait for the third one.  LOL.   Sorry I'm not much help.  Working my way through major depression watching my life waste away right before my eyes.  Praying for a miracle with my next consult and praying the next MRI shows something that's fixable or I may decide to cut the nerve from my back to my foot out myself. LoL.  I can live with the loss of motor movement and the loss of sensation and the pain in both my legs but my foot has to go...lol.  I guess the upside is since the second surgery I don't want to chop off my whole right leg, just my foot. :smiley:" alt=":smiley:" height="20" /> 
    L5S1..2 microdisectomies in 30 days maybe one more on the agenda. 4 bulged discs and one of them loves my spinal canal X2 :/ and a compression fracture . And now scar tissue wrapped around the nerve causing horrible neuropathy all over again.   VICIOUS CIRCLE :(