Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Can a pharmacy refuse to return your script?

Motor1MMotor1 Pittsburgh, PaPosts: 556
My pain doctor switched me to Hyslingla ER a couple months ago. I usually get all my meds filled at my local cvs, but they don't dispense this med.
I've been on work comp since 2013 (had 3 surgeries). Recently, I've been having problems filling my meds because the pharmacies say that the system says my work comp benefits are terminated. They are not terminated. I still get checks every 2 weeks. I've talked to my attorney several times about this. He talks to the work comp attorney & he assures that my benefits are not terminated & he claims he will correct the problem in the system. Well, he never does.
I dropped off my new script for Hyslingla & went to therapy. The pharmacy called to tell me that they can't fill the script because it says my benefits are terminated.
My attorney gave me a number to a mail order pharmacy that fills scripts for work comp patients. The woman I talked to from this new pharmacy said they can fill the script for me. All I had to do was fill out some paperwork & mail them the script.
I called the other pharmacy & this woman there told me that they won't give me my script back. She told me they aren't allowed? After arguing for about 20 minutes, I hung up & called my attorney. He wasn't available so I left him a message.
My question is, are they allowed to just keep my script if they're not going to dispense my meds?

• [Deleted User][[Deleted User] Posts: 65
    edited 12/23/2015 - 3:18 AM
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,875
    in situations that the pharmacy did not have the exact quantity of narcotics.
    I have never heard where they cant return it
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Motor1MMotor1 Pittsburgh, PaPosts: 556
    edited 12/23/2015 - 10:03 AM
    This happened in Pennsylvania. There was nothing wrong with the actual prescription. The problem is when they try to fill it, the computer says I don't have active work comp benefits.
    The pharmacy called me this morning & told me that they called my comp adjuster & he told them that the benefits are still good. They ended up filling the script. What a nightmare.
    It really is a shame that someone at comp insurance company can just click on the computer & terminate your benefits without any reason to? They have also sent 2 of my checks 3 weeks late. My attorney kept calling them to inquire about the checks. They just kept saying they'll look into it. It's not bad enough that I've had 3 surgeries & am now most likely in permanent pain for the rest of my life, then they have the nerve to put you through more stress.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I do have a good rapport with my pharmacist at my local cvs, but unfortunately, they can't dispense this new med I am on.
    The other pharmacy that I have to get it from is not so welcoming. There are at least 12 (that I've counted) pharmacists that work there at the same time. It's crazy hectic in there. I have never had a pleasant experience there. 4 out of 5 times they have filled a med that I am no longer taking & I've never filled at their store? I'm not even sure how they even knew I used to take that med?
    I am hoping this will be the last time I have to go in there. When I see my pain doctor next month, I will send the script to this mail order pharmacy that my attorney found for me.
  • Mortor1 just make sure you tell your doctor before you change your pharmacy. Hate to have you have problems for something so minor.
  • I've run the gamut of pharmacies, and I finally got sick of being treated like crap on several occasions by the staff at these chain pharmacy stores. I moved all of my business to my supermarket pharmacy (I know...still technically a chain store! ), and I couldn't be happier with the professionalism and caring I receive from every single employee there. If you ever find yourself in need of a switch (self or insurance-motivated), keep the supermarket thing in mind...I'm in PA, too, and there's one pretty "BIG" ;-) grocery store chain that's really got it going on with regard to knowledge and customer service!
    Kimmy72, Spine-health Moderator
    Firm believer in PMA!
    Thanks for your info. The problem is, the med I was taking (Hysingla ER), none of those pharmacy can dispense it? I guess it's classed as a schedule 2 drug & they can't dispense it?
    The only pharmacy that can get it is a tiny little mom & pop type of business. They are not welcoming at all. They are very rude & uninviting. They have music playing very loud while you wait in line with 20 people all standing there waiting to pick up their meds. People are shouting very loudly, the phones are ringing constantly. It gives me a giant anxiety attack when I'm in there. There are no shelves with products on them? Just a big, empty store with a counter & a dozen pharmacists behind it.
    I have stopped taking that med because of the side effects.
    I'm very thankful that I don't have to go back there!
  • And you must be so relieved to be rid of that med and all the unpleasant side effects--including the pharmacy haha...
    Kimmy72, Spine-health Moderator
    Firm believer in PMA!