Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

on my way to ER

dmoonchildddmoonchild Posts: 383
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Pain Medications
Meds havent been working for a few days now. I am seeing my PM Doc tomorrow to say goodbye. My surgeon ( who refused to work on me because of too much damage) recommended many other PM docs alot closer to my home and less walking. So I have several interviews in the next 2 weeks. Im not just going to sign a contract with the first shmoe that comes along. So anyway, I have in bed for 2 days now in severe oain, so Hubby said lets go tot he er for the shot. At least Ill get some relief. My old PM doc said she would give me a 30 day supply of meds while I wait to find a new Doc. Even though I did not really like her would it be appropriate to give her some fresh cut flowers and danish for the staff?

• I seem to be in a similar situation as you. My surgeon refuses to operate on me due to too much damage. They rather us sit in agony then mess with their ego. Think of it this way - if the surgeon thinks the damage is the reason of not operating then they are an idiot. The reason they wont operate is because they arent confident enough. Its like, who would want to paint over a picture when they can use a fresh canvas. Only a true artist would have no problem painting over a painting.

Let us know how you make out. I have two small children as well and there is nothing worse than them seeing Mommy "broken" all the time.
    Hang in there.

• Alina, My kids are awesome. They have been making cards for mommy every day. I hate when they see me cry and the pain is so bad today I just cant stop crying. My son always reminds me to get my kane. Any way I was wondering if the ER will give me pills too instead of just the shot as I have a copy of the letter to my old PM Doc breaking the contract. Thank you for oyur kind words
  • what the ER will give you. I went one time for my back and I was kind of treated like a hypochondriac. They made light of the whole thing. Your experience may be completely different. Plus I told them I had meds at home so they had no reason to give me take home pills.
    When are you going?
  • Best of luck. I hope you get some relief from the er. Skip the flowers and danish.

• Boy, I havent felt this good in 4 years! The staff at the ER were so very kind and really listened to me. I got a shot of dilaidid and something else for inflamation. I feel so much better. The Dr there came in my room and sat with me for an hour just disgussing my issues ( he also has herniated disks)We talked about my kids and all possibilities for my back issues, He gave me hope. No oone there made me feel like a junkie seeking drugs. I was very very happy.