Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Bizarre symptoms please help me!

stsx0xsstsx0x Posts: 40
edited 12/25/2015 - 9:18 PM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Brief history is I had a serious neck injury several years ago that was treated by an ortho and did PT. Likely never healed corrextly and pain resurfaced this may. I went to a chiropractor in early June. Determined C1/C2 severe subluxations and also C5/C6. also X-ray showed reverse curve and slight left leg length discrepancy. A few hours after the first adjustment, I felt a strange tightness "pressure" sensation in my inner cheek. started going twice to three times a week and more strange symptoms started appearing ... Pressure/ pulling all over left side of face, weird feeling in left eye, where it feels sticky or dry,
muscles feel much tighter when I close the left eye, normal on right.
Perceived weakness in left arm and leg where I feel like im limping but am not according to others. (All movement is intact and strength test was normal)
I can almost feel like there is a specific nerve path that is irritated that goes through my left ring finger and down that side, exercerbated by occasional marijuana use. tension sensation on right side of head now ... I am terrified because I also have severe anxiety and even though it would make sense for this to be a chiropractic nightmare/ neck injury I've oractically convinced myself I am dying of a brain tumor so I am scared to go to a neurologist/ neurosurgeon until enough time has passed that I can feel certain that it is a cervical neck issue. Has ANYONE experienced anything like this and can anyone help me/ convince me / reassure me
That this is likely a combination of a serious neck issue/ chiropractic damage rather than a brain tumor ... Please ... Thank you im advance.

Please remember that no one at Spine-Health is a formally trained medical professional so not permitted to give medical advice. Everything that is posted here is based on personal experiences and perhaps additional research

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

• Bump... Experiences, thoughts etc. Ik none of yall are doctors but
  • I've had very bizarre tightness in my drop foot leg and that stems from a nerve root Iimpingement in my lower back. I've learned you know your own body best. Yours has also thrown anxiety into the mix making it really hard, but not impossible if you can state facts to those you go to medical care. Just keep your symptoms factually documented and bring this to the table. I think the changes you've noticed are worthy of medical attention. If your previous injury may be part of the underlying cause of today's injury then I'd move myself faster.

I'd stay the hell away from chiropractors. Sorry chiros. They just don't know and I'd rather not move my spine ever unless I knew what was the matter.

You don't know what's the matter with you. I've been in the position where I thought I had a stroke and my leg wouldn't move. I just knew I needed help. I knew I was in pain. Conjuring up anything else is speculation. Wouldn't you rather focus on the facts and then convincing a doctor to help you answer those questions rather than guess?

I hope you get what you need sooner than later so you can get better.
  • stsx0xsstsx0x Posts: 40
    edited 12/28/2015 - 8:52 AM
    . Anyone? Or similar symptoms?
  • Stay away from chiros they messed me up.