Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in New Member Introductions

Just got the MRI results back and am pretty shattered.
Thought I only had a lumbar disc herniated and was causing the muscles to spasm in all parts of my back. - According to the MRI report apparently I have more than that:

“There is no significant disc space narrowing or disc dessication. At the C5/6/7 T/1 levels there are minimal generalised disc bulges producing minimal anterior impressions on the thecal sac. The exit foramina are clear”

“There is no significant disc space narrowing or disc dessication. There are minimal generalised disc bulges at T1/2/3 levels producing impressions on the thecal sac. There are also minimal anterior impressions on the thecal sac at T/5/6/7 levels due to generalised disc bulges and small posterior vertebral body osteophytes. The exit foramina are clear. No abnormal areas of signal intensity seen within the thoracic spinal cord”

1. What are Vertebral body osteophytes
2. Is it common to have that many generalised bulges hitting the sac in that many discs? I.e. T/1/2/3 T5/6/7 C5/6/7/T1
3. What would have caused this injury?
4. What is management for this type of injury i.e. pelvic floor muscle exercises, gym?
5. What is the likely hood of surgery?
6. Can I still go walking recreationally, can is still work?
7. Is it really that bad compared to other spinal injuries
:( :(

• I am not in the medical field but that actually does not look bad at all to me. There is lots of info on this site that will help you figure it out. welcome to SH and please keep us posted of what you find.
  • Do you have a followup with doctor to explain MRI findings and treatment? Wishing you a pain free day.

• that it would be helpful to speak to your doc about the MRI so that it can be explained to you. It sounds like you are in lots of pain. Are you under the care of a pain management doctor? Have you had any treatments yet to make you more comfortable? Sometimes you can get injections to help with the muscle spasms.

• :) perhaps shattered is a bit strong for right now. you have jumped way ahead of the game. some of that is just a matter of aging so slow down. let your doctor make these things clear before you fall apart. good luck! Jenny :)