Just got the MRI results back and am pretty shattered.
Thought I only had a lumbar disc herniated and was causing the muscles to spasm in all parts of my back. - According to the MRI report apparently I have more than that:
“There is no significant disc space narrowing or disc dessication. At the C5/6/7 T/1 levels there are minimal generalised disc bulges producing minimal anterior impressions on the thecal sac. The exit foramina are clear”
“There is no significant disc space narrowing or disc dessication. There are minimal generalised disc bulges at T1/2/3 levels producing impressions on the thecal sac. There are also minimal anterior impressions on the thecal sac at T/5/6/7 levels due to generalised disc bulges and small posterior vertebral body osteophytes. The exit foramina are clear. No abnormal areas of signal intensity seen within the thoracic spinal cord”
1. What are Vertebral body osteophytes
2. Is it common to have that many generalised bulges hitting the sac in that many discs? I.e. T/1/2/3 T5/6/7 C5/6/7/T1
3. What would have caused this injury?
4. What is management for this type of injury i.e. pelvic floor muscle exercises, gym?
5. What is the likely hood of surgery?
6. Can I still go walking recreationally, can is still work?
7. Is it really that bad compared to other spinal injuries