Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

surgeons refusing surgery

dmoonchildddmoonchild Posts: 383
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I went to see a surgeon last tuesday and he took one look at my MRI and said no way would he touch me due to so much damage. Is this common or did I just meet with a jerk?

• Moonchild, why not put him behind you and get another 2 or 3 other opinions before you get oo depressed. WHo knows what this Surgeons reasons were- maybe insurance had something to do with it and he wasn't willing to take the risk.

Try some other Drs both Neuros as well as orthos and then see where you are.

Blessings Sara
  • ANOTHER OPINION AND SURGEON!!!!! See if you can get hooked up with a Neurosurgeon. If it's that bad, you need immediate attention!!!
  • What have you got to lose? I would definately keeping looking into alternatives and different Docs.
  • I would go for as second opinion and probably another, check with a OS and a NS. You may find that a new set of eyes looking at you MRI may see things that the other doc did not. Good luck and hope things get better.
  • I have 3 appointmnets with new surgeons ans I also am interviewing 4 new Pain Management centers. I AM NOT GIVING IN! Its time to fight. This is my life. You all give me so much strength and hope. I LOVE all of you!
  • Same thing happened to me last week.
    My case is "too complicated". Funny how that works, considering my primary care Doctor always thought I was a hypochondriac. Jerks!
    Now, I need to figure out how to wade my through an HMO insurance system with a primary care doctor that thinks I'm crazy and who has to give me a referral to a new NS.
    Yeah, that doesn't sound very stressful, huh?