Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Will he offer surgery??

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Lower Back Pain
Hi all,

Basically I know it sounds freakish that I actually want to go through surgery but this is just how much pain I am in, constantly, all the live long day! Pain here, there and everywhere gettinng in the way of my life.

~I've tried medication (currently on diclofenac and co-codamol) maybe he'll try me on something stronger?

~Had intensive physiotherapy to show me some pialtes exercises which I am currently still doing.

~Facet Joint and Nerve Root Block injections 5 weeks ago that didn't even work and now I have worsening pain.

What will my surgeon do next? I don't know. I'm seeing him on Thursday the 31st at 5. To be honest I don't think I can wait that long (I guess I'll have to though).

Anyway... any advice welcome. Thanks guys,

Lyssie xx

• what is the diagnosis? Many times the injections are done as diagnostic tools in order to rule out or confirm what is causing your pain. Your doc is really the only one that can answer your question. Most of us have been through it already but it takes lots of patience when it comes to back issues and something bad does not show up on the xray. If you don't get a definite answer from your doc you may want to ask him for a med that will better control your pain until a solution is found. Good luck and please keep us posted.
    BTW- It does not sound freakish at all. There are a whole lot of us that wish that surgery could be a solution for us.
  • You could try acupuncture, massage, myofacial release, prolotherapy, stronger meds, etc. etc. You could also have a discogram to see if the pain is discogenic.

Are you sure the pain is coming from the facets? Does it radiate to the legs or feet? All these questions factor into the equation.
  • My disgnosis is Facet Joint Syndrome at L4/L5/S1 and I do get leg pain because of swelling in my spine that puts pressure on my nerve. It's really horrible. I don't know what my surgeon will try next but I'm not sure if I'd be willing to try any stronger pain killers because of the long term risks of being on them as I can see me having this pain for a long time.
This discussion has been closed.