Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

rich64rrich64 Posts: 53
edited 12/31/2015 - 4:49 AM in Recovering from Surgery
I went back to work which is in a lab at a hospital the first two weeks are 4 hour shifts . At about the 3 hour I am looking forward to going home. The longer on my feet the worse it is it like my lower back hurts bad and last night at work the pain was going down my legs and if i move certain way pain is very sharp. the two weeks are coming to a end and not sure if I can do 8 hours. i also don't what to lose my job. My doctor said to call him if it was to much. I been taking Tylenol not helping so it seems there is nothing else i can take. i had L4L5 and L5s1 fused in 1999 that was a big surgery 7 hours. i try to remember how it was to see if what i am feeling is normal but it is hard to remember . I guess i just needed to vent.
Had L4L5 and L5s1 fused in 1999
10/27/15 TLIF of L3L4
360 OLIF revision on 7/6/16 for L3L4

• hvillshhvills Suzhou, ChinaPosts: 732
    You're now more than 15 years older than you were when you had your first surgery in 1999... don't expect your body to bounce back like a 20 year old!!!!! Take a few more weeks at half days if you need to... I'm sure your employer will understand.
    Harry - 63 year old male...
    PLIF L4-L5-S1 due to disc degeneration... May 23, 2013
    PLIF L5-S1 due to failed fusion and broken screw... Jan 19, 2015
    Microdiscectomy, decompression L3-L4 due to herniated disc... Jan 19, 2015
  • I guess if your surgery did not go well you will get more reply's or nobody had a TLIF
    10/27/15 TLIF of L3L4
  • rich64rrich64 Posts: 53
    edited 01/05/2016 - 3:13 PM
    Today was my first 8 hour day been on 4 hour shift for the last two weeks. 8 hours is to much pain in back and pain going down my leg i had no leg pain before surgery! I had TLIF L3L4 this surgery number 2 I am calling doc in the morning
    10/27/15 TLIF of L3L4