Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

pain relief

Cannabis is a wonderful pain reliever. There are many different strains to try for pain. Pain medication (opiates) is poison. Just thought I would share.

• Winch526WWinch526 Ottawa, Ontario, CanadaPosts: 13
    Thanks for the comment.

Are you currently using MJ for pain? I'm in the military and we aren't allowed to have it prescribed, but I've heard it can work wonders.

I'm currently prescribed Voltaren and Flexerol for regular day to day pain, then Percocet when I have a flare up. Flare ups are getting more and more common, therefore I'm using the opiate more often than I'd like. It also works less and less the more it's used, so I have to take more. I really wish we could have access to medicinal form of marijuana but I think it's a long way off.

• Never have had true relief from cannabis. The relief I got was - it got me high which mentally distracted me from the pain, so the method was indirect at best. The side effect of getting high makes the benefits worthless for my case when opiates treat the pain directly and have a much less debilitating 'high' to the point of being near non-existant when on a continuous dose patch.